𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚗𝚎𝚛

It was very obvious which car was Mr. Afton's. His car was a shocking contrast to the drab brown-grey palette of your apartment building. Even if it weren't for the deep purple color you'd never seen on a car, the fact that it was a Cadillac, an expensive luxury car made it stick out even more. No one that lived here, including yourself, had money to spare for cars like that. You couldn't help but wonder just how much money he had. The car was one of a kind, you swore never to judge someone based off how much money they had, but you knew the more 'fortunate' had a tendency to judge. You hoped Mr. Afton wasn't disgusted by your living arrangements.

You had spent an hour getting ready, picking out your best dress clothing, bathing, and even wearing a cheap flowery fragrance you had found at your local pharmacy, you hoped he liked the smell of peonies. 

A few minutes later there was a knock on your door. You opened it just a crack so Mr. Afton couldn't see the messy interior of your apartment. "Hello doll," he greeted as you were stepping out of your apartment and into the hallway. A new name, you turned bright red. He eyed you up and down. "All this for me, huh?" He chuckled. You nodded slowly. "Well, I've got something for you," he said. He pulled out a bouquet of silky red roses. Your mouth practically fell open as you gasped. "Thank you so much, they're lovely," you praised. William hummed in delight he knew you would like them.

He chatted with you as he brought you down to his car, leading the way even though you were the one that had lived in the apartment your entire life. He politely opened the car door, showing off the car's plushy leather seats. You thanked him as you made yourself comfortable in the shotgun. You'd be sitting right next to him. So close. A man you hadn't even talked with much but that you were already so invested in. 

Mr. Afton was getting something from the trunk of his car, you weren't sure what, but as he was fiddling around back there your eyes darted to a tie on the floor. It wasn't anything special, just a black work tie, similar to the ones you saw him wear in all those photos. He must have a lot of them. Those were all the excuses you made for yourself as you tucked it into your purse, keeping it for yourself. 

It wasn't that weird to want something that would bring back memories of this day, was it? The roses were going to rot eventually, why not have something that never goes bad? Still, you felt bad, you were never one to steal, and you'd never want to take anything from a man you cared so much about, but it couldn't have mattered to him that much if he just left it lying on the floor of his car like that. You would treasure it much more than he did.

Soon you were both in car. You honestly didn't know where he was taking you and you were too nervous to ask, not wanting to seem clueless or like you didn't care enough to ask him previously. He came to a stop at a very fine-looking establishment, you'd never been nor heard of before. Hurricane wasn't exactly an extremely small or forgotten city, however whenever you ordered food you were more going to cheap take out places or fast-food restaurants much like Freddy's, just without the singing animals. 

You both waited patiently to be sat by a waiter. You couldn't remember the last time you'd had a sit-down meal. The waiter sat you two down and took your beverage orders, water had already been sat at the table. Mr. Afton ordered red wine, but you were hesitant to order an alcoholic beverage. You ordered a cola instead but flinched after saying it out loud because it sounded so childish to order something like that at a place like this. As the waiter walked away you waited for Mr. Afton to tease or mock you, but it never happened. In fact, he seemed to just be kind of staring you down while you took a sip of water, other people would find this creepy, but it was heavenly for you, to just have all his attention.

Mr. Afton was such a gentleman too; you didn't have to worry about him being getting to messed up to drive home because he was only taking small slow sips of what little wine he had in his glass. He was so charming and witty too. You were just waiting for yourself to mess up. But it never happened to badly, besides messing up words or mumbling a bit. You learned so much more about him, he spoke fluent French, he had taken a robotics and engineering in high school, but had been interested in it since middle school, he had also taken a design course at some point, and overtime he proved he extensive knowledge of wine. 

When the waiter came to take orders, Mr. Afton quickly ordered his food. You were about to speak when he ordered for you. You were more shocked then angry, why would he do that? You didn't even hear what he ordered for you because you were so taken off guard. By the time you looked over at him, confusion visible on your face, the waiter was long-gone. He simply laughed at your dazed expression, "You were taking so long to talk, I didn't want you stumbling over your words and embarrassing yourself with the waiter like you did with me." You didn't have a mirror to look in right now, but if you did you were betting your cheeks would be bright red. "Oh." Was all you responded with. And then he began chatting with you normally again.

When the food finally arrived, it turned out he had ordered some kind of rich soup that tasted faintly of onions and cream with potatoes. And in all honesty, you loved it. It was delicious, the best thing you had eaten in months if not years. "Thank you," you mumbled taking another sip of your soup. "Aww you like it?" He was asking rhetorically, but you still nodded.

William drove you home that night. He couldn't stop thinking about how sweet you were and good at following instructions. He wondered what else he could get you to do. As he stopped in the parking lot of your apartment building, he held you back. "Wait, I have something for you," he said. You were already halfway out of the car. You turned around. He handed you a vile of fragrance, different from the cheap one you were wearing, this one had costed more than a couple dollars. "Oh! Thank you, Mr. Afton. For all of this," you beamed a big smile on your face. "I'll see you tomorrow bunny," he said sweetly.

On his way home he couldn't stop smiling. What a despicable thing he had done, giving you his wife's old perfume, knowing you would wear it the next day. That was one of the few things he had left to remember her by, besides Michael, who probably wasn't home, but out up to no good with his friends. Gosh, you were so perfect. How he loved when you called him Mr. Afton. He was tired of keeping up his workplace facade with you, he just wanted to be himself. A time for that would come soon, but not yet. He would have to get you more attached.

Meanwhile at home you were practically squealing about how perfect that night had been. You took the tie out of your purse and rubbed it against your cheek, the textured material felt nice against your skin. You would later put it in your box with all those newspaper clippings and other things about him. You got into bed and snuggled with your Bonnie plushie falling asleep shortly after.

°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。

A/N : This is the longest chapter so far!! That's kind of cool :D I sort of made both William and [Name] seem like a creep xD Anyways it's Sunday for me and I'm not looking forward to going back to school, but I had a nice break!

Word count : 1392