𝚠𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚍𝚎𝚍

tw .* : this chapter briefly discusses a cut/wound this chapter also briefly mentions blades, none of these are discussed in detail.

Long phone calls and outings to the pizzeria became frequent. Despite your project revolving around robotics, you tried to keep it very separated from your school life and bringing your babysitting job into it was out of the question. You were working alongside a professional now so you'd better act like it.

You couldn't lie. Not to a man you respected so much. However, you did dodge certain details that came up in conversation. You hoped he'd just assume that you were an unemployed college student who had been lucky enough to have gotten a scholarship. Hopefully he didn't know that money was a bit of an issue for you, but you made sure to never fall behind on your bills, you'd learned from friends that could disastrous. Keeping everything together was hard, but you managed.

But certain uncomfortable situations brought up issues. The kids loved Freddy's; it was designed to be a child's dreamland so of course they did. But as much as you loved it as well, having to drag them there once a week made you nervous, you really hoped Mr. Afton didn't see you. He wasn't out in the main room all the time though. He must be in his office. It pained you knowing your project was behind one of those doors itching to be worked on.

Bo was the most insistent about going, and you knew why. He had a crush on a girl there. One of the frequent visitors. You couldn't recall many of your childhood crushes, but you knew they were a lot simpler than actual relationships. A kid could share their arcade tokens with your young self you'd likely be talking about them the next day. You considered this a possibility as to why Bo was so excited about this Susie girl. From what you could tell they got along very well, and they were cute, not in a couple way though. They were both much too young for that.

You watched the two of them walk towards the ball pit before feeling that strange presence you had felt once before. One you knew all too well even from that one time. You knew he'd be behind you but your body still spasmed at the sight of him. "[Name]? What are you doing here?" His cool voice rasped. You blood flooded your cheeks, you tried to think of a lie to make up. But what were you going to say, explain you were here for the new Space Invaders game? You knew you couldn't lie, but before the confession could come out a sobbing Bo ran over to you and hugged your leg, followed by a concerned Susie, her curls bouncing up and down as she tagged along.

Your worry for Bo quickly took over your worry about your reputation. "Bo what happened?" You asked softly. He was too deep into his tantrum to form a sentence. You looked over at Susie as a second resource. "Susie, is everything okay?" Now Susie was crying too. "I d-didn't do anything, w-we were just playing, and he cut himself on s-something," she sniffled before bursting into tears. "It's okay, you're not in trouble. Can you show me where Bo got hurt?" Susie pointed to his elbow, there was a small gash, not deep, but still bleeding.

"We have a first-aid kit for things like this, you can bring him back here and I'll help patch him up," Mr. Afton muttered, you were frightened for a second, you had forgotten he was behind you. He looked down at the blonde curly haired girl. "Can you tell me what he cut himself on sunshine?" He put on a cheesy grin while asking, you could instantly tell he wasn't very good with kids, which surprised you due to his choice in work. You were surprised that there could even be something he wasn't good at.

Susie led him to the ball pit, after pushing a few of the colorful plastic spheres aside a shiny silver object was revealed. A razor blades. You immediately irked as Susie's small hand reached down to grab it. "Don't touch that!" You exclaimed. "We don't want you to get hurt too." Susie seemed startled, but you were just glad she was okay. What was a razor doing in a kid's ball pit?

Mr. Afton told you to prevent any kids from playing in the ball pit while he was gone. He got some tape that looked like it belonged in a crime scene and plastered it all along the ball pit's walls. Next to it he put up a little kickstand sign that displayed Freddy wearing a hard helmet and shrugging his shoulders. The sign read, "Attraction closed. Come back soon!" He sighed as he motioned for you to follow him and bring Bo with you. Susie stayed behind this time.

He brought you two to a small backroom and began patching up Bo's cut, he used disinfectant wipes and a simple band-aid before sending him off. "Some sick teenage boys probably put that in there for laughs. I saw a couple of them hovering over there before," he sighed, he was frustrated. You'd never seen him look so...scary. It wasn't even off-putting to you; it was kind of exciting.

"I didn't know you had children. When I came to your apartment it didn't seem like you had a partner, was I mistaken? Or are you a single parent" He asked curiously. You turned red all over. "N-no I'm just a nanny," you said the words rushing from your lips. 

"I see, I myself am I single parent I have two children. Their names are Elizabeth and Michael." He then looked you dead on in the eyes. "I'm sure I needn't tell you that though. I'm certain you already know. Do you bunny?" His voice was cool, no hint of friendliness or charm, just coldness. You shuddered, the worst part was that he was right, you did know this already. He broke eye contact and his voice returned to the tender and soft tone he had before. He didn't need you to answer his question. "Michael is in his teenage years. This seems like the kind of stunt he would pull, but I suppose all teenage boys behave this way."

You could only nod. You were scared.

°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。

Yay! New chapter :D I'm not sure if I did the tw right so please tell me if you felt it didn't cover what was happening in the story well enough, or you didn't feel well warned. If this is the case, I apologize. This was pretty fun to write since I haven't had a lot of free time to work on this recently. I'm still trying to work on my pacing, please share any tips/recommendations! 

Word count : 1144