𝚛𝚎𝚜𝚝𝚕𝚎𝚜𝚜

tw .* : implied stalking, insomnia/paranoia 

Things had been peculiar ever since that night. You were actually beginning to think you could be going insane. 

The late night paranoia hadn't mended itself. Sometimes you stayed up for hours just sitting there, unable to sleep. One night it got so bad you broke down crying underneath the covers. You felt like a helpless little child who had a monster living under their bed. 

The early mornings you usually took got harder and harder for you, running on little to no sleep was actually physically painful. 

And you began misplacing small objects. The types of objects that other people probably wouldn't notice if they went missing, but you did. The hair clip you placed on the window sill, the blue braided bracelet you had made in high school, one of the many pictures you kept of your family. All of them were gone.

Is this what going crazy feels like? 

You still did well on school work and peacefully took care of the kids. You couldn't risk losing that job, that would definitely be your breaking point.

Then again maybe this was just seasonal insanity, Mr. Afton didn't seem to be doing all to well himself. He had begun showing up with eyebags that were even more pronounced than before. You were both having nocturnal issues. But he also looked grim, like he hadn't been eating. His eyes were the most noticeable change, they were cold and piercing. 

Everyone has hard times though, and he still had your absolute respect, no matter what! You wanted to help in any way you could.

So on Monday, one of the days you knew he'd be in his office, you decided to bring him a little surprise.

Everything at Freddy's was exactly like it always was overblown and extravagant. A pain to your restless ears. Still you walked down the corridor to his office with a huge smile plastered on your face, you were going to get to see Mr. Afton! On a school day!

Your knuckles lightly rapped on the wood of the door. No response. You knocked again, once more you received no call welcoming you in. You only wanted to drop off a sack lunch, maybe you could just leave it in his office and be on your way out, still it'd be disappointing not getting to visit with Mr. Afton.

The door squealed upon opening, you slowly crept into the office, no one was in there. You placed the lunch down on his desk, the hardwood floor creaking under your feet. 

You noticed that a plush couch sat in the corner of his office, right to the left of his desk. Your legs felt fatigued from that small journey, imagine how the rest of the day would go. You needed a small rest, and that leather couch looked so soft...

You lay down softly, not wanting to make any creases, that way nobody would be able to tell you'd been there. From the moment you lay down your eyelids were heavy, like the were being dragged down by weights, and not a single muscle in your body wanted to move. I'll get up in five minutes, you told yourself as you dozed off, sounding like a school boy after pressing the "sleep" button on his alarm clock.

What a wonderful surprise it was to come back to you, fast asleep in his office. William had expected something like this to happen, especially with how little sleep you were getting nowadays. You seemed to move and work slower, and now you'd finally reached your last straw.

You looked so vulnerable when asleep, it was exciting to get a view closer, than that from your bedroom window. He had thought about crawling into bed with you a couple times, just to hold you close to him, but that was far too risky, considering you didn't sleep that deep, but oh how badly he had been tempted to. He still had keepsakes to look at, he did feel a little guilty, since you were just a poor college student, but he would have plenty of time to spoil you later.

William traced over your lips with his fingers a couple times before returning to his desk. He picked up the abnormal brown sack that was carefully placed there. He was delighted to find the reason you came here was to deliver this. Like a little puppy, trying to please its owner. 

He decided in return, he was going to let you sleep a little longer...

"Well, look who finally decided to join the waking world." You heard the voice from beside you as your eyes slowly opened and you could finally feel your feet again. 

Your surroundings were unfamiliar. This wasn't your bedroom, this was Mr. Afton's office! "Someone's skittish," the man himself remarked from his desk chair. He was watching you amusedly as your eyes darted around the office, full of concern.

Your breathing slowed as you realised you weren't in an ax murderer's basement. However, the relief was temporary, "What time is it?" He eyed his watch. "It's about 2:30." Your stomach knotted. "No, no, no!"

This couldn't be happening, not right now. You'd missed an entire day. When you swallowed you felt the classic lump in your throat. Were you actually about to cry in front of Mr. Afton? 

At this point he could definitely tell you had tears in your eyes, they threatened to spill over the brim. You sniffled, trying to stop yourself. It was just one day. You repeated to yourself over and  over again. Your hopes for a perfect attendance award all went down the drain.

"Shh...it's okay," he reassured. It's not okay, but hearing him say that made it seem like it could be. He pulled you in close, leaving your face stuffed into his dress shirt, successfully hiding your shame. You didn't resist one bit.

It was actually quite calming, despite the fact your entire being felt like it was on fire. This seemed sort of out of character for him, not like his usual professionalism. 

Eventually the storm had passed, but that still didn't change the fact that you were pressed right against his torso. You sniffled one last time. Oh. He smelled good. Really good. 

In addition to the usual cologne scent was there the smell of laundry detergent, the nice kind. Gosh who would've guessed you'd be this pathetic, even freaking out over his scent.

Of course he pretended to turn a blind eye to this. But William noticed. What a little pervert you were.

Mr. Afton let you decide when to pull out of the embrace. You wiped the remainder of the tears away. "Thank you," you sniffled. You gaped mouth open and the wet spot on his shirt, right where your head had been.

"O-oh my gosh. I'm so sorry. I ruined your shirt!" Did you need to accept every bit of attention you were offered? 
"It's quite alright. I have quite a few of these."
You looked down at your shoes. "I could wash it if you'd like."
He grinned, "That won't be necessary. It's just a little salt water." He'd been wearing the same shirt for the last three days. All these formalities in his speech made you feel inferior on multiple accounts. "Please sir, I insist." He must think you're a creep at this point, since you were literally begging him for permission to do his laundry. 

But all the it strangely seemed to amuse him, "Well, since you asked so nicely, I suppose I can't refuse." He sent you out with his shirt in a plastic baggie, knowing he wouldn't be getting it back.

°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。

I've risen from the dead again! :D I promise updates will become more frequent! Anyways hope you guys are doing well and had nice Easter and Mother's Day! (Might edit this later).

Word count : 1232