💥Chapter 9 💥

I spent maybe almost an hour getting myself ready for bed after me and Rio's outing. When we got back to the house, Chanel was peacefully asleep on the chair with The Nanny still playing on the TV. So I walked downstairs to go shake her awake so she could come lay in the big comfy bed Rio had just told me was mine.

I began shaking her and her eyes flew open. "Oh Lani, it's you!" She held her chest in shock. I nodded and said "come on I'm ready for bed". I turned around and began walking back up the stairs and towards my room.
"Lani the guy who kidnapped us is so handsome, you should have seen him!"

"I did see him in fact the only reason he's kidnapped us is because he likes me" I huffed.

"WHAT!"

And just like that I told her exactly what he told me at the restaurant.

"All you have to do is be loyal to me and I will do the same toward you. I'll protect you with my life and I mean it. Anything you want is yours already love just come to me"

"HE SAID THAT" she whisper shouted.

"Yeah and I told him I'd think about it, he's giving me time to decide." I hummed while climbing into bed.

"Wait you're actually considering this?" She gasped. "What about spooky?"

"Spooky never looks out for me, when it comes down to it. Do you see how easy it was for them to kidnap us?" I rolled my eyes. "He knows I'm a target, so why wouldn't he have someone following me for protection?" I explained.

"Are you saying you think it's part of his own plan? Because that's fucked up, he could have warned you" she gasped.

"Maybe but overall what I'm saying is with spooky my safety always comes last and I'm so tired of it" I hugged.

"You really live a wild life" Chanel said while slipping into bed right next to me.

The next morning me and Chanel woke up to the most beautiful breakfast set up I had ever seen. Rio stood at the head of the table eating a mini pancake.

"Good morning ladies" He smiles.
We let out a sting of good mornings and proceeded to have breakfast. The whole meal was awkward. The whole time Chanel was talking about any and everything while Rio nodded and hummed as replies. But he'd be staring dead at me. Meanwhile all I could think about is spooky and the proposition Rio offered me. As much as I love Spooky I don't think he loves me. I think he loves the idea of me and that's it because how else would someone be able to capture the person you love with so much ease. I should have listened to my parents when they told me to leave him alone.

"How about you and Chloe have a day?" Rio says. "You girls can go shopping or whatever you want but you gotta take some of my men with you of course. I've got business to deal with for most of the day so that gives you both something to do."

I could just see the lights going off in Chloe's head after he said the word shopping. "Fuck yeah" She breathes as she takes a sip from her orange juice. 

"And then how about after....you give me an answer to that offer from last night" Rio says.

I nodded my head and continued to eat my food and he smiled before saying "Is she always this quiet?"

It was getting late and me and Chloe had already been shopping in every store you could think of. I didn't buy much just a few accessories and outfits but nothing too expensive. While Chloe took this as her opportunity to buy every designer brand she could find. The guys he sent with us to watch over us were almost drowning in her shopping bags.