💥Chapter 13💥

It was the middle of the night and Rio had been passed tf out since 7pm that evening. I decided to sneak out of bed and meet up with Chanel at the pool to talk since I knew I wouldn't be asleep anytime soon.

"Lani what the hell was that? He seemed like he was ready to murder you..are you okay...is he always like that or is that the first time?" She asked. I sighed and began walking down into the water "That is the first time I have ever seen him like that. It lowkey scared me."

"Keep your eyes open with him. Idc how nice he is compared to spooky he's still in dangerous business" She sighed.

*New text message*
👻:Hey

"Speak of the devil and he shall appear!" I said shocked that spooky would even text me. "Chanel, why did spooky just text me?"

She got up so quick to look at my phone. "Lani it's 1am, this can't be good."

👻:I miss you

"Not him doubling up" Chanel squealed. "But I wouldn't trust that if I were you".

"Chanel I'm not dumb. This mf shunned me in front of everyone....we can't come back from that...it's spooky."

Me: I doubt it

And then we waited but I never got another text so we went to bed. When I woke up the next morning Rio was nowhere to be found. When I asked his men they said he had went back to the states to handle business. I had been texting his phone non stop and he was most definitely ignoring me. I sighed decided to get in the shower. While I was in the shower I heard my ringtone go off and like the worried bitch I am I ran out the shower to go answer it.

"Hello" I say without even looking to see who it was.

"Lani"

I almost had a heart attack because it wasn't Rio like I was hoping but it was spooky.

"Oscar"

"You look so good baby"

My entire stomach flipped.

"What do you mean"

"Look out the window Mami"

I look up and there stood spooky looking like he'd had just won the lottery. I could have died right there. Not only did I have to deal with this man but he just watched me run to this phone like a desperate bitch.

"Why are you here?"

"Isn't it obvious? I told you I missed you"

"Stop that....you don't really miss me"

"You betrayed me"

"Yeah I know....which is how I know you don't miss me"

He hung up the phone and stared at me for a minute before walking off. I began to find a robe because I knew he was just going to the door. Shortly after I got the robe secured around myself I heard a knock on the door. I let him in but only because Rio made sure to leave me with two armed glocks.

"Lani you can't possibly love him more than me" He spoke.

"Does it even matter" I challenged.

"Yes it matters" He says. "Because he can't have you...only me"

"Spooky you don't get to come here and do all of this after you basically flag me to a whole gang" I huffed.

"I know..I know I was mad and made a mistake" He sighed.

"That's your problem.. you make too many mistakes and I'm just supposed to live with them. It's okay for you to mess up but me I'm held to a different standard." I yelled. "Time and time again you disappointed me, led me on, cheated on me, EMBARRASSED me!" I begin to cry.

"Lani come on, I was dumb back then and you were strong enough to handle it" He shouted back.

"Just because I am doesn't mean pile on as much as you can. If you love me like you say you'd never let me be in half the situations you put me in."

"All of this is your fault" I pointed at him. "You're the one that let me get kidnapped. Thought it would go your way but it didn't and you were willing to risk my safety. Just my luck Rio turned out to be a great guy."

Spooky laughed as if he had heard one of the best jokes of his life. "You can't be serious"

"I'm beyond serious, Rio has been taking care of me and treating me with respect."

"Okay so while he was doing all this treating you right and respecting you did he mention he's married." Spooky says.

"Bullshit" I say mouth slightly ajar.

He laughed even harder and said "Damn I thought he was just being honest and you were staying around because you knew. But I guess he's just like me... he hides his hoes from you."

Just like that I snapped and went to putting my hands on spooky. He was trying to restrain me and when he finally did he said. "I miss this...you tryna fight me and then me fucking the attitude right out of you."

When he finished his sentence I pushed him off me in disgust. "I hate you" I spat.

"How many times have I heard that and then you turn around and bend over " He smirks.

"Fuck you! I will never be that girl for you anymore" I huffed and started walking off.

"Lani you're lacking" He chuckled.

"Never that" I said as I went to grab my glock.

He shook his head at the sight of it and said "That's not what I mean."

"Then what Oscar."

"At no point did you put together that I'm the reason your boyfriend is missing" He smiled.