1: The DM

A/N: Surprise, surprise!! Everything written here is a work of fiction, none of the events I'm about to write about are real. Please don't take any of what I write too seriously. This is something I've been wanting to write for a while, however, the execution of this idea wasn't the best. That seems to be the case for a lot of the things I write. Anywayssss, gonna stop rambling now and get to the actual fic. Any and all feedback is welcome and appreciated :))

❤️💛🇮🇪💚💙

Directioners everywhere were going insane after Niall Horan's last instagram live. Twitter was imploding, instagram was crashing and there were articles being put out every ten minutes about it. Since One Direction's "18-month" hiatus, back in 2016, their fans have closely followed their solo careers, cheering them on as they thrived on their own. However, many of them found themselves wishing, hoping, praying that the "18 months" would end soon. And it seemed, that there was a high chance that it would be over, after what was discussed in Niall's last live.

The adorable Irish man had been bored as shit in lockdown, giving the Horandogs (sorry, had to.) free insta-live concerts, seemingly everyday. But Niall wasn't the only one bored in lockdown. Liam also frequently taking to instagram live to talk to people. People who weren't his dog, his T.V. screen, or his shower wall. He would invade Niall's live comment sections and they had gone live together on multiple occasions. It made One Direction fans' hearts so full to see how close and brotherly those two still were, even after not seeing each other for so long. Now that lockdown was over, and restrictions have been eased, life resuming as the global pandemic eases a little, tours and festivals, and live performances were starting up again, the men had been far too busy with their own schedules to be able to find any free time to go live together like they did in quarantine. They'd texted often, occasionally calling each other up just to check in.

When they'd finally found free time to do another instagram live together, they had no idea what they'd be doing to the internet and the 1D community. If they were being honest, they'd thought the community had died down a bit since the hiatus. But boy, oh boy, were they mistaken. The 1D community was very much alive and thriving, in a somewhat healthier way than it was back in 2011-2015. Their fans, who were teenagers when the band formed, now mature, young adults, who've hopefully grown out of their 'squeal at everything with Harry Styles' face on it' phases. (I'm still in that phase, but my excuse is, I'm 16.)

It was around late November 2021 when the two ex-bandmates had gone live together. It had started with a bit of 'light' banter between the two. Niall asking about Bear and his music and how much he probably missed him.
"How are you even able to go on without me? Not being able to see my beautiful face every waking minute of every day, must be torture for you." Niall put the back of his hand against his forehead dramatically. Liam chuckled at his best friend.
"I don't know how I do it- I can't bear to be away from you Ni" He joked back, both of them chuckling at their immaturity. Their comment section was blowing up with multiple red hearts and Irish flags and 'NIAMMMMMM!!!!'s
"Seriously though, Niall, I miss it. Touring with you and the boys. The crowds, the energy, you guys. The snacks backstage, the cookies a girl brought, with a microwaveable container, might I add." Niall smiled fondly at the memory.
"I miss it too Li. I miss you guys. You're my brothers" And that's where the conversation should've ended. The fans were going crazy. They were all ecstatic that a reunion was being talked about between the boys. And they were even more excited about the fact that the conversation was happening right in front of their very eyes.

"Why don't we meet up soon? Y'know to catch up and stuff?" Liam suggested.
"What, you and me?"
"You, me, Tommo, Harold"
"For sure! But I think they might be too busy being famous to spend time with us" Niall chuckled.
"Okay, Mr 'my schedule cleared up a little, but I only have about two hours of free time'" Liam teased.
"Well, I guess we could ask."
"TOMMO!!" Liam screeched, causing Niall to flinch and put his hands over his ears.
"Warn me next time you do that Li"
"Sorry, Louis' just joined us" Liam spoke as he read the comments.
louist91: My schedule is clear-ish for the next two weeks, we should make plans