two :0

it all started exactly two weeks ago...

no, this isn't gonna be some mysterious sad backstory. i mean, it's a little sad. not for you, for me. let me explain.

my parents recently got married. like 3 weeks ago. for their honeymoon, they decided it would be nice to go to colombia. my mom's a real travel freak, so of course she had to go somewhere completely out of the country, just super far away. and my parents, they really liked colombia. of course, while they were there they had to hear about a literal magic village.

i know it sounds stupid, but i'm not lying. while in colombia, my parents heard of a village by the name of encanto. they were told it was run by the madrigals. a family with powers, or gifts are what they call them. the head of the family, alma, was given a miracle 50 years ago because of her husband. he sacrificed himself for his village's people.

when he was a killed, i guess there was a candle that became magical or something.. i don't know the whole story. but the candle holds the power of all the madrigals. if that candle goes out, everyone loses their gift.

anyways, when my parents came back to america from their honeymoon, they decided it would be cool to take my 11 year old brother, landin and me, 14 year old finnley to encanto. they wanted us all to meet the madrigals so that we could learn about their gifts. we only stayed for a weekend, but i thoroughly enjoyed it.

when we got there, we had dinner with the madrigals, met everyone in the family, and found out what their gifts were. i also made a few friends, camilo and mirabel. they're both 15, a few months older than me, but i got along with the both of them very easily. i even got both of their numbers, so we talked after i left back home for america.

anyways, my family and i are back in the village of encanto. i love it here, but i had to leave my friends in america to move here. i wasn't willing to risk giving up my friendships. it's nice here and of course i have camilo and mirabel but i had to leave my best friend of almost three years.

raelynn has been with me since seventh grade. and i just left her. luckily, we're still gonna be able to talk online, but it's just not as good. i wanna see her again. i also had to leave my other really close friend, emit. he's liked me since fourth grade. that's five years. we didn't see each other much before i moved, but i still miss him.

anyways, i guess that brings me back to where i am now. unpacking the very little things i was able to bring. talking to myself in my head. on the verge of sobbing. listening to mitski.

'well this is just perfect.'

494 words