thirteen c:

camilo lifted a string of lights out of the box and looked at me puzzled.

my eyes lit up with excitement. "my leds! i thought these got lost when we were movingggg," i stretched out the 'g'.

i grabbed the leds from camilos hand.

"what the hell are leds?" he looked down at me getting hyper over a string of lights.

"oh, theyre just lights you hang up on your wall." i explained.

"ohhh. want me to help?" he asked.

i nodded my head eagerly and handed him the strip of lights.

"im gonna look for tape." i began to rummage through the decor box.

"why cant we just go buy some?" camilo watched me dig through the box.

"theres a certain kind of tape the lights come with to hang them up." i told him.

"oh, okay."

after a few second, i felt something sticky. i grabbed it and pulled my hand out of the cardboard box.

"found it!" i exclaimed.

camilo nodded and took one end of the leds.

"i cant reach the ceiling." i realized.

"go get yourself a chair." he suggested.

i nodded my head and went to the kitchen for a chair. i brought it back to the room and sat it down in front of a wall. i grabbed the leds again and stood up on it.

"okay, ill start it in that corner." i pointed to a corner above my bed. "when im done with this side, you tape it at the end. and then we'll do that for every other wall." i explained.

camilo nodded as i set the led light in a corner and taped it to the wall.

while working, camilo started small talk. well, it wasnt that small. "your mom thinks were dating." he said, looking at the lights as he stretched them across the top of the wall.

i looked down at him and began to blush a bit. "hm. i dont know why she should think that. she must just be happy im not bringing a girl home."

"a girl? youve dated a girl before?" he asked, sounding a little surprised.

"oh yeah, im omnisexual. its basically liking-" he stopped me.

"i know what it means. im pan."

i looked down to him. "oh, i thought you were straight."

"hm? no, no. ive never even dated a girl. thats why i was surprised youd dated one before." he told me.

"ohhh, i thought maybe you were homophobic. that wouldve made me really hate you. im happy you dont think of me differently just because im not only into guys." i smiled down at him.

he looked up at me and smiled back. "of course i wouldnt think of you differently."

"so youve never dated a girl?" i asked.

"nope. ive never really dated anyone, though." camilo answered.

"seriously? i assumed a bunch of people liked you."

"and why is that? is there something about me that you like?"

my face went red and i kept my attention on the lights.

"n-no. its just, your gift."

'and your hair, your skin, your freckles, your eyes, literally everything else about you.' i wanted to say.

"mhm. sure." he teased.

i rolled my eyes for the.. you know what, i dont know how many times ive rolled my eyes because i was annoyed by camilo.

we finished putting up the lights and i took the chair back to the kitchen. when i came back, camilo was looking at a poster that had been rolled up before.

"thats this singer i listen to, her names mitski." i told him. (had to do it)

"oh." was all he said while he sat the poster on my bed.

"wanna listen to some of her music?"

LONG CHAPTERRRRR SHENHEBNSHE

596 words