21

"y/n, wake up." kakucho shakes your shoulder, making you jolt from your slumber. he gets shocked by how quickly you wake up, and by how aware you are when you do wake up.

"m'wake." you mumble, rubbing your eyes tiredly.

"you'll be staying with the brothers." kakucho informs you, moving to get out of the car. him and izana are currently living together, so they are being dropped off before you are taken to the haitani's house.

reluctantly, you nod and rest your head on the window. kakucho looks at you with pity before closing the door to the car and walking to his house with izana, who is complaining about how hungry he is.

"how exciting, it's just like the old times!" rindou exclaims, looking back at you to see your reaction, but you only stare at him with tired eyes.

"respectfully, shut the fuck up." you mumble, closing your eyes again. rindou grits his teeth and huffs, turning back to face the front of the car. ran says nothing, tapping his fingers on the steering wheel to the music playing, while keeping his eyes on the road.

the car ride is remotely silent, your soft breathing and the calm music is the only thing heard. rindou has his earbuds in while playing on his phone, and ran is calmly driving. the entire ride is calming, surprisingly.

"rin, wake her up." ran parks the car before turning the engine off and opening the door, getting out. rindou groans and takes his earbuds out. stuffing them into his pocket, he opens his door, slams it after getting out and opens your door.

he goes to catch you before you can fall, forgetting that your head was resting on the door. before he can catch you, you snap your eyes open and stop yourself from falling. unbuckling your seatbelt, you give him a harsh glare before walking past him.

"sorry, i forgot..." his sentence is cut short when your shoulder bumps his own harshly. he watches as you walk up behind ran, waiting for him to open the door before disappearing inside.

"what's with her?" rindou questions himself as he walks up to his brother.

"oh, maybe it's the fact we just chased her down after she got released and forced her to join a gang against her will. and that she has to live with people she ran away from." ran nonchalantly tells his brother.

rindou purses his lips as ran walks into the house, leaving him standing outside the door, alone.

you walk to where you stayed last time you lived with them. nothing about the room has changed, the clothes you never touched are there as well. but they aren't useful now, you've grown out of the size you wore two years ago.

making sure the door is locked, you lay on the bed, you could run away right now, but where would you go?

when you lay down, something that is in the back pocket of the jeans given to you by the officers presses against your hip, and you reach back, pulling your old phone. it's fully charged, and luckily, you remember the passcode. it's your birthday, easy.

when you get the phone open, you immediately go to your contacts, nearly gasping in excitement when you see that all your old contacts are still in the phone. you just pray that he still has the same number.

clicking his number, you press call, putting the phone to your ear. it rings for a while before finally connecting to the other side of the call. silence passes over.

"y/n?" undoubtedly, that's mikey's voice.

"yes! it's me!" you exclaim, trying to hide your excitement while also trying to stay as quiet as possible.

"you got released?! where are you?" from what you can hear, mikey sounds panicked from the other side of the call, but in a calmer way. someone from beside him questions him, and you are taken aback by how stoic he sounds talking to the other person.

"some people came to me when i got released and forced me to join their gang...i'm at the haitani brothers house right now, the same one from two years ago..." you whisper into the phone, hearing one of the brothers approach the door. he tries to twist the knob, but you locked it.

"y/n? why is it locked?"

"i'm napping, shut the fuck up and go away!" you retort back, hearing him mumble to himself before walking away. you put the phone back to your ear.

"okay...i'm going to drive to their house, park a little way away..." he seems to be talking to himself more than you, so you let him be until he speaks to you, "make sure your window is open, i'll be there soon." he hangs up the call after that.

smiling, you grab a piece of paper sitting on the desk in your room and grab a pen, writing a small note to the brothers. you'll leave the doors locked for now.

your phone buzzes moments later, and it's a text from mikey.

mikey: i'm here, look out your window.

you put your phone in your pocket and stick your head out your window, glancing down to see mikey standing below, waving up at you. he moves over to give you landing space as you jump down from the window.

the doorknob rackles from your room.

"y/n!?" there's panic in ran's voice. but why? you question it as mikey grabs your hand and starts to guide you over a fence and then down the sidewalk to where his bike is standing.

the front door to the haitani's house opens, and rindou comes running out, catching sight of the two of you immediately. you pull on mikey's hand and jerk your head towards rindou, "hurry."

mikey gets on his bike with you behind him, your arm secured around his waist and your head resting on his shoulder. as you two drive away, and watch as rindou comes to a halt, his brother coming in close behind him.

the younger slumps to the ground in defeat, on his knees as he stares at your shrinking figure on the bike, "not again..." he mutters, standing up and dialing izana. as the phone rings, he puts it up to his ear.

it connects, "what do you want?" izana demands, mouth full of food.

"y/n got away with mikey." rindou states, putting the phone on speaker so his brother is involved with the call.

"what." kakucho answers instead of izana, his voice cold. neither brother says anything as the other hangs up the call. stuffing his phone back into his pocket, rindou sighs, defeated. he starts to question where things went wrong between you and him.

UNEDITED.

a/n: oh no, she ran away- poor brothers ;-;

but at least she's gonna reunite with kazu and koko (: