Chapter One

I slowly open my eyes, trying to adjust to the warm sun rays. The current drags me along the soft, sandy sea bed, almost lulling me back to sleep.

I almost forgot to introduce myself! My name is Artemisia Luna Basili. The fifth child of the king and queen of the oceans and seas.

I'm the youngest child, and my oldest sibling is already 32.

My hair is stark white, wavy and reaches my hip. My eyes are mostly an icy blue when im in my human form, but when I feel emotional, they turn purple, and when I'm in my mermaid form, they are a bright gold. My mermaid tail is jet black and glitters in the light like a cluster of precious jewels, compelling someone to reach out.

"Sia! Quickly! You need to pack your stuff!"

I tilt my head and glance at the merman who yelled at me, but when I see my third oldest brother I just pretend I didn't hear him.

I manage to get a away with a lot when I'm with him.

"I'm not kidding Sia. Your going to be living on land longer then you have before and be going to a land school, you need to have everything. "

I've gone to the land many times without them knowing, but he doesn't need to know that. "Hah. Fine. " I huff.

I'm my room, I pack my jewelry and small trinkets I've found over the years. Once I'm done, I look back to make sure I haven't forgotten anything when I spot a little twinkling necklace on the bedside table.

I take it and hang it around my neck. "Can't forget this. "

All my family is gathered and waiting for me so they can escort me to my new home on the beachside.

My father is King Alaric, my mother is Queen Marian, my oldest brother is Gabriel with his mate, Rose. My oldest sister Meira is the older twin of Noah and she has already found her mate, Rome.

My fourth sibling is Grey, who is only a few months older then me.

They all look relatively the same. Meira has inherited my fathers sandy blonde hair and mothers striking green eyes while all my brothers have my mothers dark brown hair and electric blue eyes.

I'm quite sure I'm not actually their child, but it doesn't too much because they raised me with their love and mistreated me.

"Took you long enough! I almost thought you loved me so much you wanted to stay here with me! " Meira joked.

I clutch my hand over my heart in an exaggerated manner, "Meira, I can feel my heart turning cold with the thought of separating. I'm going to miss you so much! "

Name: Artemisia Luna BasiliAge: 17

Age: 17

Ill update other characters later and in a separate page.