Chapter Nine

I swim around the familiar reefs for a few hours. Just enjoying the warm sun and peacefulness of the waters.

I'm in shallow waters, watching the sun goes down as it bathes me in red and golden hues.

"Hey girl!" A male voice yells.

I quickly shift back to my legs and turn around. A small group of four people are sitting on a truck while two others are inside.

"What." I answer.

"Might wanna be careful out here at night. Heard there are wolves in the forest." The guy in the passenger seat warns.

"Thanks, but I already know."

"Do you wanna come with us? We're heading back into town."

"It's ok. I live close."

I wave at them as they drive away and put on my shirt. When I get home I play some very loud music on the speaker and soak in my ridiculously sized bathtub.

I play with my powers by creating small water balls, freezing them, then evaporating them.

Did I mention I have powers? Well yeah. I can control water, ice and heat, comes in extra handy when I want to warm up or dry myself.

I've also noticed that my senses are sharper then even the best warriors in the sea. I'm faster and stronger. I can even change between human and mermaid form effortlessly, regardless if I'm submerged in water or not.

It probably has something to do with my biological parents, whoever they are.

I stroke my hand down my beautiful black tail that shines like diamond in the light.

I'll just sleep in here tonight. I can't be bothered moving.

And that is how I feel asleep in my bathtub.

.....

By the time I wake up the next morning, the sun is nowhere to be seen, so I thought that I might have slept until the next night, but it was actually the clouds covering the sun.

There was a light rain that drizzled down and few thunders that echoed.

I check my phone and see five missed calls from Grey. I ring him back and he answers on the first ring.

"Hello, Grey?" The other side of the phone is silent so I almost think he answered with his butt.

"Damn it, Sia! I've called five times and you didn't pick up! I was bloody worried!"

"Sorry. I just woke up and saw all your missed calls, so I just rang back."

I can hear him sigh over the phone, "well, I just wanted to make sure you were okay. How was yesterday?"

"It was fine, I just went for a swim once everyone left. Spent the whole day down at the beach."

"Did you see mum or anyone?"

"Nah, they must all be at the kingdom. I only saw three Mers, but I didn't know who they were so I didn't bother talking to them."

"Oh well."

"By the way, have you told Kayli what we are?" I ask.

"Yeah, but I asked her not to tell anyone and believe that she found me first."

"Okay then."

"Well, I have to go. See you tonight."

"Yup, bye bye." I hang up and look out the window.

I really do not feel like going outside right now, so couch and tv it is.