I want mom

⚠️WARNING: Slight mentions of suicide and self harm⚠️

Fuyumi's POV

I'm worried about Shoto.

Like, I know he misses mom, but we all do. Touya was even found trying to kill himself!!!

The worst thing, Dad hasn't done anything about it, neither about Shoto nor Touya. And then he asks himself why we hate him.

Honestly, I'm trying my best to be someone like mom to my brothers, someone that will hear them, comfort them, help them and be there when they need so.

But that poor excuse of a father is making it impossible!!

Yesterday I decided to sort everything out with dad today, but I need my brothers there with me.

Shoto is only 5 year old and has had to deal with death and grieve for 3 months. He refuses to talk to other kids that are not me or my other two brothers, he seams... alone... that's what worries me about him.

Natsuo is older, 9 years old, but it's obvious he misses her the most, he spent all the time with mom, doing things for her or just making her company. He was more with mom than dad was.

Touya is one year older than me, 14, but he doesn't seam like it. I can see he's stressed out, he will be the next king. Maybe that and mom's death was just too much...? I don't know what he thinks or feels, but it sure isn't good for his mental health.

Anyways, today I woke up in my room. Shoto was sleeping with me in bed, although he was lying face down (or more face inside the pillow). Shoto has been doing that a lot lately, in fact, I got tired of him getting up in the middle of the night and walking barefoot from his room to mine because he had another nightmare, so he just sleeps here.

Natsuo and Touya were also sleeping in my bed, it was really cute, they were hugging and cuddling.

(A/N PLEASE don't take that the sexual way. They're kids! I know it may not sound really good, but it's not something sexual)

And after I woke them up, they got dressed (I may take care of them, but they're old enough to get dressed on their own) and we had breakfast (without dad) we headed to the throne room where we are now and I'm about to deal with all of this once and for all.

Shoto's POV

Fuyumi said that today we were going to do something fun.

Being with father is not fun.

Something fun is Touya braiding our hair and then trying to braid Touya's hair.

Something fun is running around with my brothers and my sister and if we get hurt, Natsuo helping us heal our booboos.

Something fun is Fuyumi and me reading book and writing about things.

Talking to father is not fun.

"Good morning father" Fuyumi says while bowing "I'm here with my brothers to talk about important things"

"And what must be so important that you ought to come and disrupt my calm at this time in the morning"

"Your kids and my brothers father" Fuyumi is using that tone that is scary. I don't like it.

"If we must talk, let the adults talk" Father says to Fuyumi and then speaks to me and Natsuo "Shoto, Natsuo, leave the room"

I look up to Fuyumi and Natsuo does the same. She looks at Natsuo and nods.

And me and Natsuo leave the room.

[Time skip]

I can hear father and Fuyumi fighting. I think touya was fighting as well.

When Fuyumi comes out of the room with Touya following her. They are angry at father.

But Fuyumi changes her face and bends to talk to me.

"Shoto, honey, I think you're gonna be forced to make friends"

"Make... friends... with who? and why?" I ask her.

"I don't know maybe some bratty kid from a kingdom or something like that" Says Touya. He is definitely angry at father.

But... I don't want friends... I want mom.