Chapter Eight

Being alive again was very, very strange to Neji, it seemed unreal, and somehow he felt as if he was about to wake up and all this would be a dream. He was sitting on the bed in Sakura's little office, looking out the equally little window next to the bed, watching the people down below mingle, laugh and go about their merry way, eyes seemingly unfocused.

"Hyuga."

Neji's head turned slowly to the man standing at the doorway, dressed in black like the hair on his head, Uchiha Sasuke looked more older now, his lanky limbs seemed to have filled up over the years he's been dead. He also didn't look surprise to find a very much Alive Neji sitting in front of him.

"Uchiha."

"Where's Sakura?."

Ah, Sakura, the name of his savior, the gorgeous woman who brought him back from the dead, the only one woman had the power to do so.
Neji had always respected Sakura, she was Intelligent, had a fiery temper to match that mouth of hers perfectly, her quick responses to any situation always left him impressed.

"She stepped out." He said, eyeing the man suspiciously, the last time he's heard of Uchiha Sasuke was when the man was declaring that he was gonna be Hokage.

Pfftt, how laughable.

"Stepped out where?." Sasuke asked, he came inside and closed the door behind him.

Should he tell him?. He seemed to be intrested to know where Sakura was.
"Why do you want to know?." His eyes narrowed at the raven haired man, protective instincts rearing up.
"Are you planning to hurt her again?."

Sasuke suddenly dropped into the chair it had placed conveniently at the side, a heavy sigh leaving his mouth as his shoulders slumped, he looked like a kid that got caught with his hand stuck in the candy jar.
"I'm not going to hurt her. " He murmured, a hand raising up to run down his face.
"Its... just... she brought back my brother and my cousin, why does everyone keep thinking that I want to hurt her? She gave me back my family, how can I hurt her for that? She did something for me that no one else would, I just want to thank her."

Neji was about to reply when another voice piped up before he could open his mouth.

"That's good then, because if you had wanted to hurt our little Hime, I would have skinned you alive Sasu-chan."

Both men snapped their heads towards the door, second time for Neji, to see Shisui standing there with his hands on his hips, a grin stretched across his face.
Sakura could be seen, peeking around his shoulder on her tiptoes, it was ridiculously adorable how cute she was.

"Oh." Sakura muttered, fingers tight on Shisui's shoulders.
"I thought you probably hated me."

Sasuke managed to give her the driest, most unimpressed look he could muster while still looking fond.
"How can you be the smartest Shinobi of our generation and still act like a dummy."

"Rude! Take that back Asshole!."  She exclaimed, puffing her cheeks up like an angry chipmunk which Neji just wanted to squeeze.
"I'm telling Naruto that you're being mean to me again."

"Again?." Shisui asked sharply, he somewhat had a little idea about Sasuke and Sakura's growing up.
"What do you mean again?

"Uchiha wasnt exactly nice to Sakura when we were younger." Neji added helpfully, ignoring the sour look Sasuke shot him.

"Neji, which Uchiha are you talking about here? My last name is also Uchiha." Shisui quipped, a shit eating grin on his face.

Neji however wasnt even going to fall for that and simply rolled his pearly white eyes at the elder man.
"The younger Uchiha obviously- "