Chapter 4: Home Sweet Home~

⚠️ TRIGGER WARNING ⚠️

-physical violence
-yelling
Sorry for forgetting to put them
---------------------------

3rd POV
-------

-1:00 pm-

Darryl was on his front door step. He had made it home after a difficult 15 minutes or so. He had limped back home. He was so tired and weak he just wanted to go to sleep. He reached in his pocket to get his house keys.

After a a few seconds of struggling, he finally got them out making a jingle in the action. He unlocked the door and entered the house slowly and took of his shoes. As soon as he got inside he could smell the alcohol. They hadn't even been in the house for a month and it's already dirty and smells like cigarettes and alcohol.

As he closed the door it made a loud noise. Darryl got scared hoping no one heard it. Yet, to his misfortune his mother heard and started walking towards the front door. As Darryl tried to book it towards the stairs to head to his room, the back of his hoodie was pulled back and began choking him. As he was let go he fell to the ground.

When he turned around to see who it was, it was his grandfather. He was standing over him with a blank expression. Finally his mother had gotten to the scene.

Darryl's mother- WHY ARE YOU HERE EARLY! SCHOOL DOESN'T END IN A HOUR OR SO!

Darryl could smell the alcohol in her breath.

Darryl- I-i just needed to come home. I got hurt badly.

Darryl said in an almost whispering tone. He could feel all his bruises starting to hurt all at once. His stomach was turning as he felt he had just said the wrong thing.

Darryl's mother- Excuses, excuses. *Slaps Darryl across the face* DON'T YOU EVER LIE TO YOUR MOTHER AGAIN! YOU KNOW THE CONSEQUENCES!

Darryl was crying. Tears violently rolling down his face uncontrollably. This was normal for him, but why does it still hurt.

Darryl's mother- Go to your room and stay there. I don't want to look at you. I will give you a lesson later. Also don't expect dinner for you today.

You can see the hatred in her eyes. This was normal for Darryl ever since he's was 5. He was treated like this by his family except his grandmother. She was the only person who cared.

Darryl's grandfather- Don't be so hard on him Michelle, the fun will begin later. Also I think he shouldn't eat dinner this week, he grown a lot fatter recently.

Darryl's mother and grandfather left, walking back to the kitchen, leaving Darryl by himself by the front door crying.

Darryl's POV
------------

As I'm just standing there I wonder what I'm doing. I'm such crybaby, a scaredy cat, weak, emotional, a freak. I continue listing the things I think negative about myself.

They really do get to me. I cry slightly less and walk towards the stairs. Good thing they are right across the front door. I don't think I want to see them again.

I walk up the stairs and towards my room. It's pretty small and there's not a lot of things in it, but it's still cozy.

I see rat on my bed. My bed is just a mattress on the floor with a small thin blanket. I wasn't provided with a pillow, but who cares. It's uncomfortable but I can live with it.

As I make my way towards my bed to pet Lucy, I trip on a water bottle that was left on the floor and fall on my bed. 

Good thing I didn't squash rat. Thinking about it, they were right, I am gaining a lot of weight. Maybe it was right for them not to give me food.

My eyes start to water and I move on my side. I look at the floor and see a picture frame. It's a picture of my grandma and I.

I start to cry a little.

Darryl- Why did you have to leave me

I whisper. I couldn't hold it in and began to cry. Lucy came over to me and began to kiss me.

Darryl- At least I still have you.

I giggle to myself thinking how crazy I must be for talking to my dog. I cuddle her and slowly but surely drift off to a dreamless sleep.

Why am I like this, is the last thing I think of.

-----------------------------

FINALLY I GOT THIS CHAPTER DONE. I haven't had any motivation but then this weekend I was like frick it and began to be productive. I should be uploading more. I will try my best.

Also I have a few stories I want to write so please tell me if I should post them or wait till this book is done.

Also I got some motivation to draw. So tell me if you guys want a comic version of this book.

Anyways love you all. Please please be safe, drink water, eat, get lots of rest, and talk to some of you need to. I'm here and so are other people are there to talk. You are cared and loved for, don't forget it. Byeeeee lovelies ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Caelumkitten especially you, you are the loveliest.