Chapter 6: The Park

Darryl's POV
-------------

-8:36 pm-

I woke up, a wave of pain hit my body. I was aching from all the punching and kicking. I don't know If I could do this much longer. I'm so done with this family.

I got up and walked towards my desk. It's actually the only thing that I can actually use in my room. Surprised my parents gave me one.

I have a mirror there. Usually I use it to look at my wounds, since I'm to scared to use the restroom. I'm afraid I'll walk into them.

I look into the mirror and saw the damage, dried blood was on my face, a big bruise on one side of my check, a red slap mark on the other side, and lastly a black eye.

I couldn't imagine how bad the rest of my body looked. I just want to get out of here. I looked toward my window and saw no locks. I walked to my door and slightly open it and saw that the whole house was dark. This was my chance to get out of here.

Of course I won't run to the police, If I do my parents will get in trouble. Even though they hurt me I still love them. It's my fault for being a disappointment. It's not their fault.

I open the window and saw a tall tree a little below. PERFECT!! A thick tree branch is in perfectly good reach. I could climb down without getting hurt.

Once I get down safely I quietly make my way towards the front. I see my parents car is not there. Guess they went drinking or something with grandfather. I just step towards the sidewalk and just start walking.

I don't even know where I'm going, I just walk, I walk and walk and walk. It feels so relaxing. Just to get away from my problems. I've never felt this relieved since, oh jeez I don't even remember.

~time skip~

I've been walking for what seems like an hour. I sadly don't have a phone, because my parents don't trust me, so I can't tell the time.

I believe it's around 9:40 pm. Im still walking and I don't know where I am. This may be a problem, but for now I just wanna relax.

I see a park not to far. Hmm a park, haven't been to one on years.

I start speed walking a little, I have to admit I was too excited. Once I got there I bolted for the swings. I was trying to go as high as I can. It was very fun. Fun, a word I thought I would ever experience again.

As I was coming to a spot I wanted to go down the slide. As soon as I came to a complete stop, I ran towards the play area where the slide was. I went up the stairs and I was getting ready to go down the slide. 

I kept going on the slide over and over again until.... I trip and fell face first on the playset.

Darryl- owwwwwww that hurt.

I got up and saw my glasses. Oh god they can break once the wind touches them.

I put my glasses on and looked up. There was a hand sticking out in front of me.

?????- Need help getting up.

-----------------------------

Yall I finally finished. I will be writing but probably not uploading right now. Not feeling to good. I've having trouble breathing and want to wait next week to tell my mom so I could go see a doctor. Hopefully I will feel better soon.

Anyways please be safe, drink water, eat, sleep, and talk to someone if you need to. I'm here and so are many others. You can talk to me if you want to, I won't get mad. You are cared and loved for, take care. Bye lovelies ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️