Mirabels Ceremony

As Bruno walked down the aisle with his daughter, he saw the faces of shock, confusion, and anger, mostly from his mama, Abuela, pepa, and Julieta. Mira was only five years old when they were doing the celebration.

Camilo, Mira's brother, had his ceremony a few weeks before. As he saw his sister walk up the steps he realized how much he cares for her. "You can do it Mira!" Cami said.

When she touched the candle then the doorknob her door glowed. She looked at her Abuela. Then she also looked at her hands. They were glowing a bright yellow, red, and orange. A fire sprang up in them and got smaller. She felt that her Abuela was happy that Mira got a gift. "I'm glad your happy that I got a gift."

Her Abuela was shocked that she knew what she was feeling but hid it. "We have a two in one gift!" Her Abuela said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ten years later

Mirabels POV

I was in my room that I had got ten years ago. Cami had dropped some food off since I was sewing a dress for Isabela and Luisa. Isabela was tired of her pastel purple dress so she asked me to make her a new one. Luisa, she's a different case.

"Mirabel! Time for breakfast!" My mami yelled. "Coming!" I yelled back. I got out of my room when I looked at my door. My door had me having fire in my hand while comforting my sister. I had the gift of fire and basically empathy, but it was being able to feel what others are feeling.

I slide down the stairs saying hi to my abuelo. "Hola abuelo." I said. Cami was behind me and thought it was a good idea to scare me.

"Boo!" He said.  My eyes had turned to slits and fire sprang from my hands. Like my Tia Pepa, my mood affects the amount of fire. Cami backed away, scared. "Why did you scare me Cami?" I said. I put my hands up, not backing down on something my cousin/brother  did.