Chapter Three

Chapter Three: Release
————————————

Elena's P.O.V:

It felt like forever. Me laying in this bed. Constantly being in unbearable pain. Yes, he fed me, helped me to the bath, gave me pain meds when needed, but all I did was lay here. Helplessly. He never hurt me after that night, but I still found myself fearing him. Maybe it had something to do with the unknown. I am, after all, in the presence of a killer. Questions kept popping into my head this whole time, such as, Does my family know I'm still gone? Do they care? Are they looking for me? How long am I going to be here? Is he going to hurt me? What the hell is underneath his mask? When will he release me?

So many questions, yet none answered. I sigh, staring up at the ceiling. EJ left earlier today. He said he'd be back by night fall. How much longer till then? I wished I had a clock or my phone- wait- my phone! I sat up quickly, causing myself to groan out loudly from the pain, "B-bad idea..." I take a few deep and slow breaths before proceeding. I swing my legs off the side of the bed and start to stand up, using the bed and nightstand as a crutch, "My clothes...it has to have my phone in them."

I make my way towards my clothes pile laying on the floor, using anything and everything I could as a crutch to hold myself up. As painful as this is, I need my phone. If it still has charge, maybe, just maybe, I can get someone to track me and find me. Eventually, and unexpectedly, I fall, landing on my right side roughly, "FUCK!" I should out. Hopefully, no one hear that. Hopefully, EJ, isn't back yet. I don't want to get on his bad side.

I push myself up and notice blood underneath me, "Shit...he'll catch on..." Next thing I know, I hear the front door open. He's back.

EJ, enters the room shortly after to see me on the floor. He stares at me. I stare at him back, "What the hell are you doing on the floor?" He asks me, a slight tone of confusion mixed in.

"I-I needed to go to the bathroom and I fell..." I lie to him, but surprisingly good enough to believe. He comes over to my side and picks me up gently, taking me to the bathroom. "Next time, wait on me, alright? Don't need you getting hurt more," I nod slowly, my head rested against his shoulder. At least he believed me. This time.

After going to the bathroom and taking a shower to rinse as much blood away as possible, EJ, instead of taking me back to the room, carried me downstairs. He sat me down on the couch. Next to me, was a bag full of clothes, "I got you new clothes, your other ones were bloody and I couldn't get the stains out," he tells me while opening the bag and pulling an outfit out. It was a simple black hoodie, shorts, and socks. Guess he doesn't know fashion, but regardless, they looked comfortable enough to me. I was tired of being just in my bra and panties anyways.

Before getting dressed, he wrapped a thick bandage around my waist to keep the blood from getting on the new clothes. Which I appreciated. He helps me slip on the hoodie, making sure not to touch my wound in the process. Once done, he helps me slip on shorts, letting me use him as a crutch to hold myself up while he pulled them over my legs and bottom, "Need help with putting the socks on?" He asks me. I shake my head, "I think I got this." I take the new pair of socks and position myself to put them on. Twist my body was not the best option, but I still forced myself to put both on. Afterwards, I lean back onto the couch, "Thank you for getting me new clothes and taking care of me all together."

"I don't think you should be thanking me," EJ says. He turns his head away.

"How come?" After asking I felt like a dumbass, "...right..."

"Yeah..." he clears his throat, "I'll be taking you back home soon. Tonight, actually."

I look at him confused, "Huh? Why?"

"You shouldn't be here much longer than you already have been. Besides you need medical care. My work isn't helping you. And I'm worried I might eat your other kidney if I keep you around longer," he explains. I look down at my lap. He does have a point. I don't even know how long I've been here for. All my days have become blurred. He did also tell me after all he doesn't eat often. I haven't even seen him eat in a while. Not since that night. His cravings must be going crazy.

"Okay...you can take me home."

"Your opinion wasn't an option. I would be taking you home either way."

I chuckle softly, "Yeah I figured. Would I be seeing you again?"

After not answering my question for what felt like forever, I look up at him. He seemed almost...shocked by my question, "Why would you want to see me again?"

Right, why would I? He did after all, take my kidney in the most painful way, ate it, held me here in this house for...I don't even know how long, but he also attempted to help me, "I..I don't know. But would I be able to?"

He sighs deeply before answering, "I don't think that's the best idea. Maybe if I'm not craving..ya know..then sure. I'll come find you. No promises though."

"Okay."

Later that night EJ, carried me on his back all the way to my front door step. He sat me down onto my feet, then left before anyone could see him. I knocked on my front door. My parents answering the door. They were panicked and surprised to see me back, "Elena...?" my mom says, on the verge of tears. I nod, "where the hell have you been? We've been looking for you for so long! We thought you died," my mother rushed up to me and embraces me tightly. Dad following soon after.

I guess they really did miss me.