chapter 6: The day before

Days later, i am currently still getting used to college life. Waking up next to my best friends, heading to classes to study my favourite subjects and i had already been to a welcome party the first night we got there.

It had been 4 days since we went to the log cabin and 4 days since i'd seen Jeremy. We had spoken a load over text. Everyday without failure he'd ask me how my day was. Ive been laying awake for hours each night texting him back and fourth telling him about my day as he tells me about his. Even through message he never failed to make me laugh as every night i had to hold in my laughter trying not to wake the others up. I was so excited to see him. It had only been 4 days but it felt like forever.

I woke up on the Friday feeling happier than ever. There was only one more day until i got to see him again. Be with him without having to be so cautious around Elena. Feel him as he wrapped his arms around me but most of all kiss him again. I grab my phone and open my messages. His name pops up on my screen.

From Jeremy:
'cant wait to see you tomorrow :)' i read aloud in my head. God he was so cringy i thought laughing a little. 'I'm excited even though i have no clue where we are going' i reply back with trying to get him to give me a hint.
'all will be revealed soon Bea' he replies back with. I laugh with a slightly disappointed look on my face as i hoped he'd give me a slight clue as to what we are doing but i guess i'll just have to wait and see.

I look up from my phone and over to the other side of the room to see Caroline and Elena looking over at me smiling.
"What?" i say sarcastically as i shut my phone off and put it down near my side. They both look at each other and laugh.
"Who are you texting then" Elena says giggling a little. I feel my face go quite red as i didn't think i was being to obvious was I?
"what makes you think i'm messaging someone" i say nervously as i scratch my head a little.

"you've been smiling at your phone all week" Caroline says hopping off her bed as she pulls her sheets over. I just look at them both without saying anything. All i wanted to do was tell them the truth but i knew i couldn't so i just sat there.

"Omg" Elena says shockingly. My face heating up as i bounce my leg up and down as the nerves were kicking in. Has she realised what's been happening i contemplate in my head worryingly.

"you've got a boyfriend haven't you!" Elena says excitedly. i let out A sigh of relief as i thought she knew who it was for a split second.

"Bea Bennett, how long have you been keeping  this a secret then?" Caroline says sarcastically as they both come over to sit next to me.
"No i haven't" i say sarcastically as you could so tell i was lying.
"well those hickeys on your neck tell us different" Elena says laughing as she looks at Caroline. My hand raises to my neck in embarrassment.
"we've seen you covering them up in a morning with your concealer we're not stupid" Caroline says in a smug tone. I need to get better at hiding things i thought to myself, however I could tell them the truth but not actually tell them the truth i thought arrogantly.

"Well he's not officially my boyfriend but we've been interested in each other for a while now" i say giggling along with them.
"So there is someone then i knew it" Caroline says smiling confidently.
"who is this lucky man of yours then" Elena says smiling at me.
"you'll have to wait and see" i say with a smug look on my face.
"cmon Bea, you can tell us" Caroline says grabbing my hand.
"Don't worry i will tell you but only if we become serious" i say trying not to give away any information about him.

"Okay fine but as soon as you both make it official you tell us. Promise?" Elena says holding out her pinky.
"i promise" i say linking my pinky with hers. Of course i didn't even know if me and Jeremy were to make it official that i would tell her, I mean i'd have to tell her at some point but not straight away right?

Finally the day has arrived, i hopped out of bed excitedly as i head for the shower to freshen up trying not to wake the others.

I dug through my draws trying to find my clothes and pulled out the cutest outfit.
I clipped on my black bodysuit with lacy, frilly arms glittering in the dorm room lights as the sun peered through the blinds as i grabbed my blue, denim oversized shorts and quickly buttoned them up.

Grabbing a hairband, I tie a quarter of my hair up on top of my head leaving the rest to drape down beside my ears creating a half up half down hairstyle.

I put on some very subtle makeup as i grab some small hoops from my desk top and put them in my lobes.

Suddenly, a ping sound bellows out from my phone. I run over excitedly hoping that it was Jeremy.

From Jeremy:
'i'm outside :)' it said as i smiled at my screen. I grabbed my phone, slid my vans on making sure the laces were tucked in and headed for the door.

"where are you going?" Caroline says as she emerges from her bed rubbing her eyes. I turn around with a guilty look on my face. I look over to see Elena sit up too looking over at me.
"ill be back soon" i say awkwardly smiling as i open the door slowly.
"okay have fun with your new boyfriend" Caroline says smiling a little as she lays back down peacefully.
"Come back to mine after if you want, you can tell me about your date, i'll be back home by 6" Elena says smiling over at me
"sure i'll be there" i say waving bye to them both.

I quickly shut the door trying not to slam it, as i ran down the long steps avoiding everyone as i did as i was as always running late. I got outside and saw Jeremy parked up in his car. i could see him mouthing the words to the song on the radio which made me giggle a little. I slowly jogged over getting closer and closer to the car. He didn't see me so i ran round the other side and climbed in.

"Hi sorry i'm late Caroline was questioning me and i didn't know what to say so i just- suddenly he grabs my face and pulls me in laying a gentle kiss on my lips.

"Hey beautiful" he says smiling, his hands still grabbing my face. I smile back and go a little red from embarrassment as he pulls away reversing back out of the parking lot.
"Hey" i reply back, blushing a little.
"So are you gonna tell me where we are going?" i say excitedly as i pull the seatbelt across me.

"wow you are so impatient" he says chuckling to himself as I smile back at him.
"sorry i'm just too excited" i tell him as i wind down the window letting the warm air hit my skin.

As we drove along the roads faster, I slowly placed my hand out of the window moving it up and down with the wind as gusts of breeze strike my face making my hair float along in the air, feeling refreshed.

In the corner of my eye, i could see Jeremy looking me up and down, smiling as he saw me close my eyes.
"eyes on the road Jer" i say laughing a little as i could hear him shuffle around in his seat turning back to face the road.

"i cant help it Bea your just so gorgeous" he says quickly smirking at me before turning back to face the road. He slowly moved his hand across to my thigh placing it there whilst tapping his fingers along with the music. I blushed at the sound of his voice and the feeling of his hand on me, he was very flattery today i thought to myself.

Half an hour passed as we spoke a little but even in silence it was perfect just to be sat in a car with him.

I didn't really mind where the date was as long i was with him it didn't matter to me but i was still curious as to where we we're going.
Suddenly, he made a left turn taking us up a steep hill. I gazed out of the window looking for any clues as to what we were doing.

About 2 minutes later we reached the top of what appeared to be apart of a mountain with woods at either side and a parking lot through the middle. He drove us to a parking space and parked the car up gently.

"We are here" he says as he unbuckles himself and jumps out of the car.