chapter 9: Carolines party

The day had come. It was Caroline's birthday and it was stressful. Me and Elena were running around all over trying to make sure everything was perfect. The whole school was practically coming so Caroline decided to have her party at The Grill. We hung lights, balloons, banners and placed all the food out like a buffet.

Later on, I went home to get ready. I curled my hair tying two large strands of hair from the front to the back with a lilac crocodile clip securing them. I slip on my tight, silk lilac dress to match the clip over my head and place my white open toe heels on my feet wrapping the straps up my legs. Glueing my eyelash, i placed them on my eyes as i filled in my eyebrows, added some concealer and finally some lipgloss.

I grabbed my white, over the shoulder bag and headed for the door. I walked round to Elena's trying not to fall in my heels as i finally approach her porch. I knock on the door to see Jeremy open it. His hair was all messy and he was wearing black loose pants with a white shirt unbuttoned at the top.

"wow you look gorgeous" he says his face mesmerised by the way i look.
"thank you Gilbert, you look very handsome yourself" i say in a posh manner as i step inside. Even in heels i still looked small next to Jeremy and i am pretty tall for a girl anyways.

I look up at the steps to see Elena come down in a red, off the shoulder dress with long rushed sleeves down to her wrist and black wedges as she carefully takes each step.
"you look pretty" i say as she finally reaches the end.

"thank you, you look stunning" she says looking me up and down smiling. I reply with a polite thank you back as she grabs her bag and keys and we head for the car.

When we arrived, the grill was filled with young teenagers dancing and drinking as music pumped out of the speakers. We found Caroline dancing near the bar.  She was wearing a pink frilly dress with mesh, glittery sleeves and a sachet with birthday girl written on it. Me and Elena headed over to her whilst Jeremy went to find Tyler and Matt.

"happy birthday Caroline" me and Elena shouted over the music as we hugged her.
"thanks you guys" she says wrapping her arms round me and Elena.
"Here drinks for you two" Caroline says handing us both a shot each. We all shot them back together laughing at the sour after taste of the drink.
"disgusting" Elena says as we all laugh at her.

As the night went on i began to feel more tipsy than before as we shotted one after another. I stumbled around trying to find Jeremy as I step outside to see him smoking a joint.

"Again Jeremy" i say laughing as i stumble over to him.
"Bea are you drunk?" He says sniggering a little as he takes another drag.
"No, are you high?" i say smirking. Jeremy hands me the joint as i reluctantly take a few puffs on it.

"i'm supposed to be taking this off you and telling you it's bad" i say giggling a little. Jeremy leans closer to me as he grabs my cheek pulling me in as our lips touch. He blows the smoke into my mouth as i inhale it and pulls me in slowly kissing me gently.

"Do that again" i say wanting to feel the weird sensation i felt when he kissed me after blowing smoke into my mouth. He leans in but suddenly the door opens as Matt walks outside.

"i was just looking for you jer everything okay" he says looking over at both of us strangely.
"yeh matt i was just coming in now" he says putting the joint out behind his back hiding it from him.

Jeremy starts to walk inside. He grabs my arm so i follow behind him lazily. He pulls me to the bar where he gets us both a shot.
"cheers" we both say clinging out glasses together as i took my 100th shot of the night.

"Jer come with me" i say grabbing his hand and dragging him to the dance floor.
"no way i'm dancing" he says trying to walk back to the bar.
"cmonnn, it will be fun" i say pulling at him. He looks over at me as i pout my lips a little trying to look sad.
"fine" he says grumpily as i smile back and drag him further in.