chapter 15: The night before

Almost two weeks had gone by and it was almost the start of the weekend, which means it was nearly the wedding.

I hadn't seen Jeremy since he came to mine but we spoke everyday. He went on about how much he misses me and that he can't wait to see me.

My life has been pretty boring these past few days. Just exams, revision, classes all boring things. There was one party but i left an hour after i got there because i couldn't seem to keep my eyes open.

It was now Thursday night and tomorrow me, Elena and Caroline had to set off early tomorrow morning back to mystic falls. The wedding was on Saturday but we had to make sure everything was going to go perfect for Jo.

The next day, we all had our alarms set for 8 as we woke up and packed all of our bags. Today was the day we saw the bridesmaids dresses. Jo didn't really have many friends. I don't mean that in a horrible way but she doesn't. I mean i think it's because she has had a traumatic life and she probably thinks they'd be scared of her.

But we aren't. If you got to know Jo like we know Jo, you would see she is a caring, strong woman and is perfect for Alaric. Which is why we are going to be her bridesmaids because we have been the closest to friends she has ever had, even though there is a slightly large age gap she still acts like she's 18 just like us.

We arrived back in Mystic Falls where she waited at the Salvatore mansion as we walked in pushing the huge door. Stefan and Damon had let us use the place since they were with Ric.

"Jo!" we all shout as we all walk up to her giving her a group hug.
Bonnie was already sat inside talking to her as she joined in on our group hug.
"Hey girls" she replied with as we all took a seat on the couch.
"you ready to see the bridesmaids dresses? There just over there" she says pointing to the pool table where they lay.

"I waited for you guys so i haven't seen them yet either, i'm excited" bonnie squeals as we head over to the the table.
We each pick up our dresses and unzip the suit bag they were wrapped in preventing them from being damaged. My eyes lit up as i see a beautiful, lavender dress with a laced top half and rushed skirt at the bottom.
"Wow Jo this is stunning" Caroline says admiring the dress.
"It's beautiful" Bonnie replies.

"Well you should see the wedding dress" she says giggling a little as she flatters herself. I laugh along as i feel the soft, silky material beneath my fingertips as they brush against the dress. I zone out as my future flashes before my eyes seeing myself walk down the aisle in my wedding dress one day. It made me smile that this could be me someday, hopefully it will be with Jeremy.

"I had doubts at first but after seeing the dresses i love them" Elena expresses as we all zip them back up laying them back across the table.
"Me too" i say in agreement.
A couple of weeks back, Jo made us all try on a different dress, they were ugly so we all expected disappointment but wow were these dresses stunning. She probably only made us try the other ones on for our measurements.

"So how is the baby" I say as we all take a seat next to Jo.
"Babies" Caroline corrects me as we giggle a little.
"Well i haven't felt anything yet, but I'm always hungry" she says rubbing her stomach.
"I maybe pregnant then because i'm starving" Caroline says jokingly.

"We should order food!" Elena says excitedly as she looks round at us all.
We all nod eagerly back as she scrolls through her phone.
"Jo what would you like" Elena asks looking up at Jo.
"I'd like a big cheeseburger" She says as we all laugh at how excited she looked.

The food arrived and it was practically all gone in minutes as we all chatted and laughed for the next couple of hours.

"Well we better all get an early night ready for tomorrow" Caroline says as she stands up. We look around to see it had gotten dark already. Wow that went really fast.
"Time flies when your having fun" Elena says as we all stand up.