Recap

~Recap of The Warren's Assistant (Story 1) || The Conjuring Story~

Cora was a young and scared girl. Her mother was abuse and he dad was an alcoholic. One day it got really bad and Cora ran away.

Suddenly, one car drives by and stops. A couple comes out of the car. "Are you ok sweetheart? What's your name?" Lorraine asks.
"Yeah and my names Cora" Cora mutters.

Cora goes with the Warrens to their house. Lorraine gives Cora some hot chocolate.
"So, tell me more about yourself." Lorraine says.
"I'm supposed to be a junior in high school but my mom made me drop out. I got a job to keep me away from the house. I still had to stay there because I have nowhere else to go. I have no other family or friends. I can't stand my mother anymore." Cora starts crying again.

"Aww I'm sorry to hear that hunny." Lorraine says as she pats Cora's back.
"What about you?" Cora asks.
"Well we're demonologists. We go to people's houses that they claim to be haunted. We also go to colleges and teach lectures. We have a daughter named Judy." Ed explains.
"That's so cool! I've always wanted to be a ghost hunter." Cora exclaims.
"That's amazing sweetie." Lorraine says.
"Can I stay tonight?" Cora asks.
"Sure." Ed says.

3 years later...

"Can you come here please Cora?" Lorraine asks.
"Coming." Cora says as she goes over to the kitchen.
"We need to talk." Lorraine tells Cora.
"Ok."

"Ed and I are going to a college class to show an exorcism and talk about possession. We wanted to know if you could stay here and watch Judy." Lorraine asks.
"I don't mind staying with Judy, but why can't I go?" Cora asks.
"You've never seen an exorcism. We want to keep it that way for as long as possible."
"Why can't I see one."
"You're young and new at this. It's a very dangerous concept. It's also very eerie." Lorraine says.
"I'm 20 not 11." Cora argues.
"You're not going. I'm not gonna argue." Lorraine says.
"You're not even my mother. Why are you acting like it?" Cora snaps.
"I'm the closest thing you have to a mother. Also, you are not gonna talk to me like that." Lorraine says strictly. Lorraine and Ed then go to the lecture.

They finally get home from the college.
"Hey Judy, Hey Cora." Ed says.
"Hey Ed."
"Hey dad."
"We need to talk to you Cora." Lorraine says.
"Oh ok." Cora says.

They go to another room together.
"We have a new case and we decided that you are able to go to this one." Lorraine explains to Cora.
"Really? I get to go on a case!" Cora exclaims.
"Yes." Ed shakes his head.
"Thank you so much!" Cora hugs Ed and Lorraine.

After the case, Lorraine, Ed, and Cora have a talk about a new case. "And if we can, then he'd like to meet with us tomorrow. There's a case in Long Island he'd like to discuss." Lorraine says.
"Really?" Ed says before he leaves the museum with Lorraine and Cora.

They all go out to the kitchen.
"You can come to this case." Lorraine tells Cora.
"I don't think I'm ready. I shouldn't have been so pushy about going to this case because the only thing I learned was that I'm too scared to deal with this. I'm not made to be doing this job. I feel guilty for acting the way I did." Cora looks down ashamedly.

"You are ready. You've become such a brave young women. I'm also sorry for treating you like you weren't capable. You've always been good enough to do this job." Lorraine hugs Cora. She then kisses her forehead.

"Also I was thinking about how you said I was the closest thing that you've ever had to a father. We were wondering if you would want to call us mom and dad." Ed asks.
"Of course I will call you mom and dad." Cora hugs Ed. A tear slips out of her eye. Ed wipes her tear away with his thumb. Cora smiles at him.

"I love you both so much!" Cora says.