The Leap of Faith

Cora finds Ed and Peggy downstairs fixing the washing machine.
"Hey dad. What are you doing?" Cora asks Ed.
"I'm just fixing up the washing machine." Ed explains.
Ed keeps looking at the washing machine.

"That's not it, but I think I found it." Ed says as he starts to go down to the lower part of the basement where it's flooded.
"Be careful dad!" Cora shouts.
"I will honey." Ed says.

Ed goes deeper into the water and looks around.
"It's right here." Ed mutters when he sees the pipe that's flooded.
Peggy and Cora watch Ed start to fix the pipe. They suddenly both notice something behind Ed. Ed continues to fix the pipe as the figure moves closer.

"Ed!" Peggy whisper shouts.
"Dad! There's something behind you!" Cora yells.
Ed quickly turns around. He grabs the flashlight and looks around.

Suddenly Peggy is pulled into the water. Cora rushes over and tries to help her up.
"What is it?" Ed shouts.
Cora can't help Peggy get out of the water.
"Dad! Help!" Cora shouts.
Ed goes over and he helps Peggy up.

"He grabbed me!" Peggy yells at Ed. "It was him. He tried to pull me under! Oh my god look!"
"You got scratched." Ed states.
"That's not a scratch, that's a bite mark. He bit me. Just like he did Janet." Peggy says ecstatically.
Cora looks at Peggy and Ed in shock.

Suddenly they all hear a plop in the water. Ed turns around and looks in the water. He then puts his hand in the water and tried to find something. He finds a pair of dentures with two teeth.

~~~

The Hogdson kids are upstairs setting up the Christmas tree. Janet picks up a bulb. Something then caught her eye. She hears noises coming from the kitchen.

"Janet?" Margaret tries to get Janet's attention. "What's wrong?"
"In the kitchen." Janet mutters.
"Tell me what you see." Margaret says.
"It's playing with the knives. Hiding in the dark." Janet keeps muttering to Margaret.

Johnny starts to walk over to the kitchen.
"Johnny! Johnny, what are you doing?" Janet asks.
Johnny doesn't stop to answer.
"Johnny, no! Johnny, don't go!" Janet continues to yell at Johnny.

"Remember what Mr. Warren said? We can't let this bully us. This is our house."
"Johnny. Johnny, please come back."

Johnny keeps going into the kitchen. He sees knifes standing up on the table. He takes one out of the table.

"What's the matter? What's happened?" Johnny asks.
"Janet's gone! She was just right here!" Margaret explains.

Johnny starts to hear metal scrapping. He turns around and sees a figure holding a knife. All of the kids start screaming.

Ed, Cora, and Peggy hear them from downstairs. They run upstairs. Once they go into the house they see things flying all over the place.
"Be careful Cora." Ed shouts.
Johnny starts to call for Peggy.
Lorraine and Maurice hear the commotion and run inside.

They all are running to the kitchen.
"Mum! Johnny's in there!" Margaret yells.
Ed runs over to the door to the kitchen. Cora goes to follow him. Lorraine grabs Cora's arm.
"Stay back." Lorraine says.
"I don't want dad to get hurt." Cora says.
"He won't." Lorraine says.
"Ok." Cora mutters.

The door slams in front of Ed and Peggy. Ed tries to bust the door down. He successfully opens the door. He gets in and the room is destroyed.

"Where are they? Where are they? Johnny? Johnny?" Peggy says ecstatically.
She then hears Johnny wailing. Peggy runs over to the cabinet and hugs Johnny.
Maurice and Lorraine look around at the mess on the kitchen floor.
"Where's Janet?" Lorraine asks.

Peggy starts shouting for Janet. Drew picks up a noise from a room. All of them go over to a closet. Ed opens the door and Janet is inside growling. Peggy jumps. Cora moves closer to Lorraine. Lorraine puts her arm around Cora.

Ed takes off his cross and shows it to Bill. He starts to scream and look away.
"Me... Won't... Me... Won't... Me..." Bill mutters.
Bill finally goes away and Ed helps Janet out of the closet.

~~~

They all get settled in the living room. Suddenly, Anita goes into the house.
"Can I, uh..." Anita mumbles.
Ed, Lorraine, Cora, and Maurice go over to talk to Anita.
"She's faking it. I have proof." Anita whispers.

~~~

Anita plays the recording of Janet throwing things around in the kitchen. Cora and Lorraine give each other the look. The tape finishes.
"So much for your leap of faith." Anita says.

~~~

They go back inside and tell Peggy that Janet faked it. Anita and Peggy start arguing. Anita starts to accuse Peggy of setting Janet up to this. They get in each other's face, so Ed has to split them apart.

"You believe us. Don't you?" Peggy asks.
"We wanna help. But the church will take one look at that video and that'll be the end of it. They'll wanna distance themselves from anything that remotely resembles a hoax." Ed says.
"I'd like you to leave please. Now, go on, get out. Get out, the lot of you! Get out!" Peggy starts to get agitated.

The Warrens bring their bags out to the car. Maurice starts spitting out ideas of how to contact the spirits.
"I can't. Believe me. I've tried. I'm sorry, I'm just not sensing anything here." Lorraine explains.
"So that's it, then? You hold our lifeline and just throw it away." Maurice gets annoyed.
"We don't like this any more then you do. We'll tell the church about everything we've seen. But, the only piece of concrete evidence we've got, is a video of Janet faking an incident." Ed explains but Maurice keeps pushing it.

"Sometimes you have to make a leap of faith. Believe when nobody else will."

Maurice goes to his car. Janet watches them from the window. Ed, Lorraine, and Cora look at each other and start walking to the car. Before they get in, they look back at the house. They see Janet in the window watching them leave. They finally get in the car.

"This doesn't feel right." Lorraine mutters.
"I know." Ed says.
"Tell me about it." Cora says.

~~~

The three of them board the train.
"Have a safe trip!" Vic yells out to them.
"Thank you." Lorraine says back.

~~~

Back at the Hodgson's house, Janet, Margaret, and Billy are all sitting together.
"Did you really do it? Wreck the kitchen and all that?" Margaret asks and Janet nods.
"But, why?" Billy asks.
"It said it would kill you, if I didn't make them leave." Janet mutters.