The New Case

Father Gordon goes over to the house. Judy and Cora play upstairs while they talk downstairs.

Father Gordon plays a recording. It's a demonic voice talking. Then a normal voice starts talking. The two voices go back and forth. Father Gordon then turns off the record.

"What do you make of that voice?" Father asks.
"He sounds confused. Is he senile?" Ed asks.
"The voice on this tape is coming from a 11 year old girl." Father explains.
Ed and Lorraine both turn towards each other. They both give each other a concerned look.

"The family's reached out to the Church for help?" Lorraine asks.
"Yes. But truthfully, we've been reluctant to get involved. The case has turned into a media circus over there. They're calling it "England's Amityville." Father explains.
"Great." Ed mutters.
"You're afraid it's a hoax." Lorraine says.
"The Church's ability to help people depends on its reputation." Father says.
"So what do you want us to do?" Ed asks.

"We'd like you to fly to London for three days to act as our unofficial eyes and ears. Now, you don't have to do anything. If it is a hoax, you just turn around and leave. But if it's not... Then there is a family in London that desperately needs our help." Father says.

~~~

"Well thank you for your faith in us." Ed says as he walks Father Gordon out of the house.
"All right. Well, just let me know." Father says.
"Okay." Ed mutters.

Father leaves and Ed goes into the kitchen to talk to Lorraine.
"I told him we'd talk about it." Ed says.
"There's nothing to talk about." Lorraine says annoyed.
"Honey, you heard him. They don't want us to get involved. Just observe and report back. There have always been cases that we've turned down. There has never been a family that we've refused to help." Ed says frustratedly.

"I had a vision in Amityville. It was the same one I had seven years ago. I had a premonition of your death." Lorraine confesses.
"Wait. That's why you locked yourself away for eight days? You saw my death?" Ed asks concerned.
"You've seen it, too. The demon in your painting is real. We have both seen the same inhuman spirit. It's a warning. If we keep doing this, you are going to die." Lorraine says.

"Your visions are a gift from God. And if God is showing you my death, then he's doing it for a reason. Maybe you're meant to prevent it from happening. Come on. We don't run from fights." Ed tries to convince Lorraine.
Lorraine smiles at him and Ed pulls her into a hug.

"If we go... If we do this... You have to promise me that we're just there to observe. If anything turns out dangerous in any way, we're gonna tell the church and we're gonna get out. Promise me. Promise me, Ed." Lorraine says.
"I promise." Ed mutters.

Cora then comes downstairs and into the kitchen.
"What did Father have to say?" Cora asks.
"He wants us to go to London and observe something that could be a case." Ed answers.
Cora gives Lorraine a concerned look.
"I know I said no more cases but..." Lorraine says.
"No it's ok." Cora says.

Later that day, Ed, Lorraine, and Cora go to London.
"Mr. and Mrs. Warren and Miss Cora, I'm Maurice Grosse. Thank you so much for coming. I believe you're gonna be staying at Hogdsons' house. Is that right?" Maurice asks.
"Always better to be in the mix." Ed says.
"Oh, yeah I agree." Maurice mutters.

"This is it." Maurice says as the come up to the house.
"Her we are."
Maurice and Ed get out of the car. Ed opens the back door for Lorraine and Cora to get out.
"Ed, we've managed to capture some amazing things. I think you'll be very impressed when you see." Maurice explains.
"Great. I'd like to see those tapes again, too." Ed says.

They all go over to the Hogdsons
"Ed Warren." Ed introduces himself.
"Hey Ed." Vic says
"This is my wife Lorraine, and my daughter Cora." Ed introduces Lorraine and Cora.
Vic shakes their hands.
"This is Peggy." Maurice introduces Peggy.
"Hello." Peggy says.

They all go inside the house. Peggy shows the Warrens where the girls slept. Ed walks in first. He takes a second to look around.
"The neighbors donated them and I hung them up, hoping they'd keep things from moving around." Peggy explains.
"Has it worked?" Ed asks.
"No. We can hear it all night." Peggy says.
Ed sighs and leaves the room.

Peggy locks the room back up. Lorraine goes outside.
"Hi there. I'm Lorraine. Mind if I have a seat?" Lorraine asks before she sits down on the swing.

"Do you know why I'm here? Well your mom has told me about what's been going on and I'm here to help, if I can. Would you like to talk about it? You know, when I was about your age, umm, I was visiting my mom at a hospital and I saw an angel. Yeah. It was standing next to a little boy's bed. It was just gently touching his cheek and then it stopped and it looked right at me. Of course, my mom and the nurses did not believe me, but I knew it was real. Look, I know how it is. I know what it's like to lose your friends because you're different. But I also know that one person can change everything and you just have to open up to them." Lorraine tells Janet.

"How did you know you could trust the people you opened up to? Janet asks.
"I didn't. Sometimes I got hurt. And it took a long time, but I finally found someone who believed me." Lorraine says.
"What did you do then?" Janet asks.
"I married him." Lorraine says.
Janet looks at Lorraine. Lorraine smiles at Janet.

"I'm just so tired. I can't sleep here. I used to go to the medical room at school and they let me sleep there because I was so worn out. But now I can't even do that. Everyone's afraid of me. I got no friends. No place I can go to. It makes me feel like I'm not normal." Janet starts to cry.

"You know, whatever is doing this to you wants you to feel this way." Lorraine says.
"Why?" Janet asks confused.
"Because that's what makes it stronger." Lorraine admits.

Peggy, Ed, Cora, and Maurice go into the living room.
"Around the time this all started, Janet started waking up here in the middle of the night." Peggy explains.
"This is the spot that Janet said Bill Willkins died, right here." Maurice explains.
"Where'd you get it from?" Ed asks.
"Uh... My ex husband bought all the furniture with the house when we moved in." Peggy explains.

"If you don't mind me asking... Uh, is your ex husband still in the picture?" Ed asks.
"Nope." Peggy whispers.
"I'm sorry to hear that..." Ed pauses. "Any chance of reconciliation?"
"He had twins with the woman around the corner." Peggy says cold-heartedly.
"So I'm gonna take that as a "no" Ed says.
"Yeah I think you should." Cora whispers jokingly. Thankfully, Peggy didn't hear.

"Yeah, it's been a lot to deal with. He took all the music the day he left." Peggy says.
"I know it must feel like that sometimes-"
"No, I mean, literally. He took all the records. My kids used to love listening to his Elvis collection. They've been through so much. And now, all of this is happening on top." Peggy says.

"Yeah the timing isn't a coincidence. Negative entities often feed off of emotional distress. They like to kick you when you're down." Ed states.
"That hardly sounds fair." Peggy says.
"No it really isn't." Ed agrees.

~~~

Meanwhile, Lorraine and Janet are still talking on the swings.
"Do you know when the voice is gonna speak?" Lorraine asks.
"Sometimes." Janet answers.
"And when it does, does it feel like it's coming from inside you?"
"No. More like it's coming from behind me. Like I'm being used."
"Does it ever say things just to you? That only you can hear? What does it say?" Lorraine asks.
"It said it wants to hurt you and Cora."
Lorraine looks at Janet in shock.
"When did it say that?"
"Right now."