Valentine's surprise

top taehyung
bottom jungkook
--- I forgot to post this when it was actually valentine's day but I hope you will still enjoy it! --
+/- 3k words
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Despite being in the football team, not the best player but still, he still hasn't made plans for valentine's day. He is openly gay, yet only girls who are oblivious of that fact try to ask him out. The football team has a lot of gay players, so it isn't surprising if there are more then the normal twelve player at the dinner table after one of their late afternoon games. Jeon Jungkook, the football team player that hasn't brought anyone with him as a plus one. Not during the games and especially not at the dinner table. It is rumored that he still is a virgin, but that for certain he is not. Some unfortunate girls were his target before he discovered his sexuality, but after loads of drunken club nights later with loads of guys that have seen his messy apartment, he knows for sure that he is gay and not a virgin.
"Hey Koo!" his best friend calls at the end of the corridor, probably bored during the lesson using the toilet excuse to get out of it. "Have you heard the news?" the excited boy, now next to him, shouts in his ear and receiving a shoulder bump for the caused ear pain. "Why do you always have to be this loud Jimin." Jungkook sulked as they walk towards the cafeteria together to grab a snack before returning to their separate classes. "After all those years that is the only thing you have to say about me, Jungkook I'm disappointed in you." The other boy chuckled as he has to take big steps to keep track with Jungkook who walks significantly faster. "But anyway, since I know you will not speak one single positive word about me today, the news that I wanted to deliver you: Taehyung, like THE Taehyung has bought someone a flower today for valentine for the charity our school is hosting. Like he has never done that before and it is speculated that the lucky man is even in our class!" Jimin squeaks as he makes little jumps. Jungkook takes a look at the overactive ball of energy next to him as he himself looks uninterested. He and Jimin have spent countless nights discussing the boy's angelic features, but for Jungkook he has become more of an unreachable crush he is trying to forget like an ex you want to forget but simply come back to after a night of crying over them. The boy was indeed an angel, he was convinced of it as he looks like the greeks described their gods. There was a halo always above his head, even though the boy himself always seemed uninterested in the people around him that tried to flirt with him in every possible way. His interest was always caught by art books or his phone as he seemed to be texting someone at every hour of the day. Jungkook was jealous of that friend, to receive all of the shy yet beautiful boy's attention. He seemed like an interesting man to be even friends with as his knowledge of art and photography seemed to be unlimited. Jimin is the living proof of that as he and a few other students shared an art class together with him. They frequently talk with amazement about the boys knowledge over a game of overwatch while eating the cheap instant noodles the store next to their school has for sale. "Let me guess, it is Mark that is the lucky receiver?" Jungkook answered as he was already convincing himself to once again let go of the crush of three years. "Well they don't know yet, but the special rose deliveries are tomorrow morning before anyone is in the school yet, so be prepared of the chaos that will happen when all of the lockers are filled with roses and mysterious messages." Jimin laughed as his left hand was busy stuffing the just bought slice of cake into his mouth. "Yeah well, we have nothing to do with that luckily, I can't get over the idea that someone is that lame to just send an anonymous rose to someone to show their love, the least you can do is write your name on it."

The next day arrived as Jungkook woke up thirty minutes late for their early morning football training in preparation of the state competition that was happening the next week. He cursed as he looked at his phone and ran straight to the shower. Quickly he threw some pants on after he dried his body with a towel that was laying around somewhere on the floor. Normally he would be grossed out by the idea of using a towel that dirty, but today he couldn't care much as he made his way back into his room. It was a fifteen minute bike ride from his apartment to the fields, but today he did it in ten. Now he was just five minutes late as he ran to his locker to grab all his clothing that he needed to put on in lighting speed not to annoy the team any further by his absence. His hands ran over the lock, typing in the numbers that were needed to unlock it. When it finally opened something fell out of it, but Jungkook couldn't care less as he was in a hurry. It was only when he wanted to pick it up that it punctured his right thumb as there was a really small blood spot forming. He looked down and saw the poor rose, almost ripped apart by all of the things that were thrown upon it. There was a card attached to it as Jungkook was eager to read what was written on it, he has never received one before despite already going to the school for six years. It said: 'Dear Jungkook, tomorrow it is valentine's day and I would like to visit your football practice then since I like to see you play. This is my number and please text me with the details, I will treat us with dinner, if you want to atleast. Taehyung.'
Nothing more, nothing less. Taehyung bluntly invited himself to his football practice and wants to treat him dinner. Taehyung. Like THE Taehyung. As in, Taehyung, his crush Taehyung. Jungkook was stressing out over it when one of his teammates walked in. "Jungkook why are you late... woah calm down what has happened to you?" Mark, his teammate, walked towards him to check if he was doing alright, as he has been freaking out over the few words written on a now dirty piece of paper for the past two minutes. "The rose.."
Was the only coherent thing he could pronounce as his teammate listened to his whispering voice. After telling the story, his teammate was happy for him and together they headed to the field where the rest of the team had already started with the warming up.