|| nightmare

ᝰ┋nightmare

genre : fluff
third person pov
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
jungwon woke up with a start, panting heavily. his eyes darted nervously around as they slowly adjusted to the darkness around him. he took a deep breath and closed his eyes, sitting there until his breathing returned to normal. then he sighed deeply before lying down on the bed, trying to fall asleep again.

but the contents of his nightmare continued haunting him, and his eyes shot wide open again. he turned on his side to face the back of his girlfriend, who was sleeping soundly. jungwon scooted closer to her and hugged her tightly, snuggling his face in her neck, closing his eyes and savouring her warmth.

on the other hand, jiah had been stirred awake by jungwon's actions. she turned to face jungwon, who moved away slightly, before leaning in to kiss her forehead.

"jungwon? what's wrong?" she murmured tiredly.

"nothing. go back to sleep." jungwon softly said before pulling her in closer and hugging her tighter.

"no, i can feel something's wrong. tell me." jiah frowned, her eyes half-open now.

"no, it's nothing. just go to sleep." jungwon gently ran his fingers through her hair.

"yang jungwon, you better tell me right now. i know you're hiding something." jiah pushed his arm away and said firmly.

jungwon sighed and pulled her even closer, closing his eyes and taking a deep breath.

"i got a nightmare..."

"what was it about?"

"it's.... you know what, you don't need to know. just go to sleep." and jungwon just pulled the covers closer to them and closed his eyes.

"jungwon." her voice made him open his eyes and stare at her like a scared little kitten.

"fine...." he sighed. "you got into a traffic accident and...." he then turned away from her and covered his face with the blanket. jiah sighed and pulled the covers away from him.

"it's just a dream. hey, jungwon-ah, face me." he just rolled over on his other side to face her.

"it's just a dream, okay? i'm still here." jiah patted his hand. jungwon grabbed onto her hand and held it tightly.

"i know, but, it just felt so... real.... i was so... i didn't know what to do..." jungwon sighed and avoided jiah's eyes. jiah stared at her boyfriend lovingly before she scooted closer and pecked his lips.

"but it isn't real, okay? if you're so scared, i'll be more careful now when crossing roads."

"mhm..." he hummed softly and engulfed her in a hug again.

"let's go to sleep now." jiah said.

"no. i can't sleep."

"i'm tired though."

"then you sleep. i'm just going to hug you." jungwon replied while smiling to himself.

"okay, good night then...." jiah said and closed her eyes and snuggled closer to jungwon, falling fast asleep.

jungwon pulled her closer to himself and closed his eyes, relishing the comfort and warmth she gave him.

" i can't lose you ever.... "

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

hello ppl👋 missed me? ;)

here's a rlly rlly short fluff cos i cnt think of anything else to write.

on another note, ive just started jc and life already sucks. im alr behind on some lessons and my cca is not making it any easier.

but, i'll still try to update here at least once every week or once every two weeks, depending on my energy level and mood and homework and cca

i'm also going to write butterfly effect as a form of practice for general paper ( lolol ) and re-publish it mid-march ig

so yeah, that's it for now and bye :))

oh and i got a d:a album for my bday and can i just say, im fated with sunghoon

like ive got his photocard from all the albums i got except b:do dusk ver.

ohandmybestfriendgotabfandimsohappyforhericouldjustscreamimliketheirno.1shipperandimnotsupposedtotellanyonebutineedtoscreamcausetheycute

oh well bye (good luck tryna read that)