|| e-sports and love?

e-sports and love?

⤷in which enha is a professional e-sports team (for valorant)

genre : slight fluff
third person pov

warning: scene of what women may experience when going out late at night and mention of d**th th***ts
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

e-sports. a rising hot topic for debate, and a career for those who excel in games. with the cherry on top having players who have idol-like visuals. these players, who attract a crowd of female fans who may not understand the game, but still support these players.

until they start dating...

"not far from idol life, huh?" jungwon thought as he continued scrolling through social media on his phone, staying AFK in the current game. his social media feed was mainly either raving about his skills and wins as a group or his visuals. mainly his visuals though. he puffed up his cheeks, disappointed that looks are still much highly regarded than skill.

"hyung, if you continue staying AFK, you're going to drop rank. don't blame me when you can't get to Radiant within the next few days and get your pay deducted." ni-ki, his teammate and skilled Jett player warned.

"this is unrated. i don't care about it."

"why would you play unrated?"

"warm up before stream."

"you don't need the warm up."

"whatever. kill time."

"what is going on?~" sunoo sang and skipped over as he heard the bickering.

"jungwon hyung is being a bad teammate." ni-ki chuckled slightly before sitting in front of his computer and turning on his livestream.

"whatever."

"tsk. you want to be substituted? i'll gladly take your place." sunoo said. he and jake were substitutes for the team, but they still played in many matches, garnering a fanbase for themselves.

"please do. i hate these fans who just care about my looks."

"hey, at least they're giving us money. be grateful." sunoo shrugged.

"i'll be even more grateful if they leave my lovelife alone. they're trying to dig out who i've dated and who i'm dating."

"but you've dated no one and aren't dating anyone." sunoo said.

"yeah i know that. but they've got to stop. soon enough, they're going to start harrassing my family." jungwon frowned at the thought.

"well, this is one of the bad side effects of becoming an e-sports player. especially if you got the visuals. and it's not just you. sunghoon is also having a hard time. you guys should have a heart to heart rant." sunoo patted jungwon's shoulder.

"jungwon has a crush though." jay suddenly appeared and said.

"hyung! shush! ni-ki is live streaming!"

"oops~"

immediately, ni-ki's livestream chat was filled with many question marks and questions from fans.

"you guys are supposed to watch my gameplay, not listen to the background conversation." ni-ki spoke into the mic of his headset.

"uh oh... wait, but who is this crush of yours?" sunoo asked, way too curious to care about the fans' reaction.

"someone i've liked for a long time, but will never tell. i'm not dragging her into this mess. i hope she finds a guy who can give her the only thing i can't give her." jungwon turned back to the game and finally stopped being AFK.