|| chemistry 1/2

chemistry

requested by: ursotubular

genre : chemistry (not the subject)
third person pov

**i'm sorry for the chem lesson in advance**
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
new school year, same class. the same chaotic class where everyone was close to each other in a way. the same class where jiah's best friend was. also the same class where yang jungwon was.

yang jungwon, heartthrob of the school, receiving confessions every morning.

also, the boy jiah had something against.

as jiah sat at her new allocated seat, she realised she was sitting next to jungwon. flowers, chocolates, and other trinkets decorated his desk. of course, that was the way most girls would confess or show their love for him. the only one brave enough to confess to his face was seyoon, the prettiest girl in school. except, she was always rejected, under his claim that he liked someone else.

jiah sighed and rubbed a spot on her arm. the spot which had a scar on it. a burn scar left by dear mr. heartthrob back in 8th grade because he was playing around in a lab. and that's why jiah never interacted with him again, and he also never bothered her anyways. she was fine with this. she liked it this way.

"heol, you're sitting next to him." areum, jiah's best friend, ran up to her and nudged her upon arriving in class.

"yeah yeah, whatever. just don't put me in a lab with him."

"hey, give him a chance. it's been 4 years. maybe he's changed? maybe he learnt from that accident?"

"still, thinking about gives me the chills. i was literally burnt over a bunsen burner. blue flame. not fun." jiah huffed.

"okay, okay. just be nice."

"yeah yeah, whatever." and areum walked to her seat at the back of the class.

speaking of the devil, jungwon had just arrived as well, walking in with jay.

"whoah, that's a lot of flowers." jay let out a laugh and nudged jungwon.

"ugh, you can take them. i swear, i already said i don't want flowers. if they really want to give me something, give me chocolates or other snacks. i have no where to put these." jungwon started stacking the mini bouquets on one another for space, but they just kept falling.

"you should sell them." jay suggested.

"nah, i'll just give them to my sister. she presses them for scrap booking. although, she has complained about running out of books to press all these flowers."

"give them to your mom."

"she'll think i'm odd. i've never done this before."

"preserve them and put them on display?"

"where do you get these ideas? i have no time and no money for this." jungwon rolled his eyes.

"says the rich kid." jay returned the gesture.

"you're rich too, mr. park." jungwon grabbed the bunch of flowers and looked around the class, realised jiah was next to him, and suddenly grew too small to speak. jay caught his friend staring at the girl and raised an eyebrow, before smirking and chuckling slightly.

"jiah, do you want some of jungwon's flowers?" jay helped his friend ask. jungwon glared at him and hit him lightly. jiah removed one side of her earpiece and stared at the bunch of flowers in jungwon's hand, then moved her gaze to jungwon.