|| the blind date 3/?

✎ᝰ┋the blind date 3/?

genre : fluff
third person pov

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"jungwon, we're here." jungwon snapped out of his trance at heeseung's announcement.

"ah, okay. see you later hyung." he murmured before stepping out of the car, watching as it drove off into the distance. then he turned to face the school, but was met with a shock as he saw jiah staring back at him.

he blinked twice, rubbed his eyes, then blinked twice again. he narrowed his eyes before walking closer.

"you're real, right?"

"what kind of greeting is that? hello to you too."

"why are you here?"

"well...." jiah svoided eye contact, looking at the ground while she hesitated. then she finally looked up, into his eye. "yes."

"huh?"

"i'll be your girlfriend."

the two stared at each other for a while, before jungwon noticed the group of students starting to crowd around them. he quickly grabbed her wrist and pulled her away.

after they had escaped the curious crowd, finding privacy in the sports equipment room, jungwon let go of her wrist, turning to face her.

"you don't have to force yourself to say yes."

"i'm not. i truly mean it."

"..." jungwon looked away from her, a small frown on his lips. "what changed your mind?"

"some sorting out of my thoughts." jungwon continued staring at her, looking slightly conflicted. jiah noticed this.

"are you okay?"

"huh? uh...." he sighed. "i don't know. i feel like i've messed things up."

"why?"

"look, i'm sorry. i shouldn't have rushed things. now i'm going to drag you into so much mess."

"jungwon-"

"i... i'm sorry. i need to sort out my thoughts. they're in a mess."

"oh... well, i made lunch for you. here." jiah held the bag to him.

"are you sure?"

"yeah."

"well, thanks. i'll get back to you sometime later today."

"it's alright, take your time. if you need me, i'm always free to talk."

silence.

then jungwon started crying. jiah panicked, and as a reflex started patting his head.

"shhh, it's okay."

"sorry."

"no, it's alright. just let it out. it'll be better that way." jungwon's sobs continued for a while, before he calmed down.

"sorry, uhm, i...."

"you want to vent?" jungwon sighed, before starting.

"from a young age, my sister and i were pressured to do our best in studies and anything we did. i did sports, she did music, and we did excel at it. our grades were always good. i guess we had one other thing in common, which was feeling unloved." he took a deep breath before continuing. "she left for studies in australia a few years back, when i was 14. for 2 years, all seemed fine. she called everyday, texted frequently, returned during holidays. then it all stopped after that. she went radio silent. then a few months later, we find out she's been kicked out for cheating on one of the major tests, because she had been busy partying, clubbing, drinking, whatever, the whole time. she was dragged back to korea, and now she and my parents fight almost every day, every night. at 3am."