|| chemistry 2/2

ᝰ┋chemistry 2/2

genre : chemistry (not the subject), fluff¿
third person pov
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
the next few weeks were hectic. classes went by in a blur, days passed quickly, and very quickly, they had a common test to assess their learning.

"ugh, we have tests for all subjects in 4 weeks. this sucks. i haven't registered anything taught this year." areum whined and clung onto jiah as the two walked towards the canteen for dinner. yes, dinner, because they were staying in school to study. it wasn't compulsory, but since they would probably slack at home, they decided to stay in school.

also, jungwon was a great tutor to jiah. his teaching was clear and concise, and he was also good at all the subjects.

all the subjects. literally, how is someone good at everything?

"volume of revolution of a rectangle is a cylinder. you don't have to think so much." jungwon's voice sounded to jiah's left. her cheeks flushed. he must have realised she was stuck at that particular math question. jungwon took a pencil and started drawing on the diagram on jiah's paper. she shifted to the right to give him more space.

"you can section out this part even further, so there's a triangle here, and this weird area bounded by the curve and the line x=4. this will be easier to solve."

"ah, thanks." jiah slid her paper back and started scribbling the solution down. jungwon returned to his own chemistry practice questions.

"jungwon-ssi." jungwon turned around at the sound of seyoon's voice to face the queen bee who was in the next row. jiah's hands stopped moving as she focused on the conversation behind her.

"yeah?"

"can you help me with this math question?"

"jake is literally sitting behind you." jiah fought the urge to laugh out loud.

"he's busy."

"huh what?" jake was visibly confused. riki, who was his seatmate, kicked seyoon's chair harshly.

"ni-ki, what the hell?"

"stop trying to flirt with jungwon." ni-ki loudly called her out, with no care for her feelings.

"i'm not! i'm just trying to ask him a question!"

"jake is literally here, and he's top in math in the cohort. stop trying to play dumb, it makes you look actually stupid." by now, jiah and a few other classmates were snickering. sunghoon seemed to be enjoying the drama unfolding, as he had taken out his phone to video.

"then why would he help jiah?"

"because she literally sits next to him. like, right next to him." ni-ki made some sarcastic hand gestures, causing heeseung in the next row to start laughing. face red with anger, seyoon just turned back to do her own work, if she was even doing work in the first place.

jiah continued with her math practice paper, mood slightly lifted from the drama just now. jungwon seemed annoyed though, and she could feel him tensed up beside her.

"hey, you okay?" jiah asked him.

"huh? yeah. it's just getting annoying. she's been confessing since grade 10."

"well, she's optimistic, i'll give her that." jiah shrugged.

"optimistic for nothing. i don't like her at all. heck, i already have someone i like." and jiah felt 2 conflicting emotions: curiosity and...

jealousy...?

was that why her heart dropped when she heard him say that?

no wait, why was she even jealous? she didn't even like him.