In case you don't live forever

Spotlights were shining on him from every possible direction. The sun provided them with its bright rays, but that couldn't compare to the glow on the small stage. The gentle breeze of the wind naughtily played with his dark locks that fell into his eyes. However, it had no negative effect on his handsome face, on which there was a wide smile and an enthusiastic expression. He stood in front of the microphone and he coughed subtly one time, to get people's attention, his satisfaction grew. His heart was beating fast and pounding in his chest. For perhaps the first time in his life, he could feel his blood flowing as the reddish fluid coursed through his veins. He didn't know why he was so nervous, as he had done this sort of thing many times before, so he had some experience, but on the other hand, it was much more special this time.

He fixed his gaze on the object, who was looking at him with his dark eyes that contrasted with his loving gaze. Despite the fact that they were meters apart and separated by several tables with chairs placed around them and people sitting on them, Taehyung could vividly imagine a situation where he was lying in bed next to his lover and the two of them were wordlessly looking at each other. This exact moment belonged to them as well, even though it was Jungkook's day.

"Let me say a few words," Taehyung began in a cautious voice, wrapping his trembling fingers around the black microphone to somehow ease his nervousness. He closed his eyes for a few hundred seconds before looking around the area. All eyes were on him. "I've been preparing this speech for a long time...um, I mean...this is i-important to me? Yes, it's important."

Jungkook had to smile at Taehyung's adorable indecision and bit his lip weakly to stifle the incoming laughter that was starting to tickle his tongue. Within a second, he took in his lover's perfect appearance and contentedly leaned back in his seat. He watched him with hungry eyes, eagerly waiting to see how he would decide to proceed. He liked the fact that every single person in this room who had come to celebrate his birthday was unable to tear their gaze away from his sweetheart. Taehyung stood at the front, in front of everyone, as if he were on display, and the others looked him over as if he were a work of art, but with the difference that it wasn't far from the truth. He could vividly imagine how everyone was quietly envious of him, and the fact that it was devouring everyone and driving them crazy was very satisfying.

"I think now is the right time for me to confess and for you to witness how badly I am doing. I don't care if you shut me out because you know how much I care about Jungkook's happiness, so I guess it's okay," his mouth felt like it was going faster than his brain could process it. However, he was really unsure and didn't know if he was doing the right thing. "For the past few months I've been wondering when the appropriate moment would come to go public with this, but I've found that I can't wait any longer because the feeling that I'm Kim Taehyung is killing me."

That got Jungkook's attention. The way Taehyung said it was startling, and he was sure his heart skipped a few beats at that moment. The gracefulness that struck Jungkook's ears literally pierced through to his invisible soul. He could hear the desperation in Taehyung's voice as if he was trying to convey his displeasure, to which Jungkook groaned in frustration as he figured out the true meaning of Taehyung's words because he was getting fucking turned on by it.