Love is alive

Jungkook clutched the photo frame tightly in his hands, trying to touch a memory that would at least partially soothe his sadness, and his desire for peace in his soul. Those times when he kissed Taehyung's cheeks were gone, all that was left were those moments that he carried with him everywhere. Now they remain in the abyss of oblivion. He thought he was strong enough to bear the pain, but he was wrong. So horribly wrong that he found it ironic. That piece of his living organ was aflame with pain, with the flames that danced merrily around him as if to mock him.

Darkness filled the huge mansion, where no one had walked around with a smile on their face in a long time, and sheltered the black-haired man under the cover of its darkness as if to protect him from the terrible loneliness that gripped his heart. It toyed with his breathing, controlling him as it saw fit. He was experiencing so many things at once that he didn't know which one to give his attention to, feeling helpless and unable to do anything but mourn the memory of his angel.

Jungkook could only sit and watch silently as the feeling consumed his nerves.

What was Taehyung doing right now? Was he looking down on him from above? Watching him fret over his absence? Was he as eager as he was to see him and touch each other? Did he want to see his painful suffering? Had he not forgotten him? What did he look like? Was his face as beautiful, or did it shine even more in the brightness of the sun? If he was chosen from among the other angels, did that mean he was dressed in a white robe? Surely he must have looked more innocent and stood out with his divine face, so that is why God took a liking to him and tore him away from home?

He ran his free hand through his hair, which almost reached his shoulders, and gripped it in his hand. He made fun of other people for being weak, even though he himself was just hiding behind the mask of a fearless devil. In reality, he had a fragile heart like glass that had shattered into tiny shards thanks to Taehyung's departure. He left him on the ground in such terrible pain. If he could have wished for anything, it would have been to take their last breath at the same time. Together they would grow old in love and peace.

The sound of his shoes tapping on the marble floor of the hallway would soothe him as his lover ran up to him and hung around his neck every time he came home from work. He would pay gold for the chance to kiss his soft cheeks and taste his sweet lips again. That damn beautiful smile of his would be worth all the gems. No mineral was expensive enough to make up for the feeling only his lover could give him.

As soon as he closed his eyes, he saw Taehyung's wide eyes and his motionless face as he fell to the ground. The image became his nightmare, Jungkook's heart was still so angry. The wedding ring in the younger man's hands at that moment surprised him so much that he didn't have the time to react quickly. He watched in shock as his lover struggled to breathe and soullessly fell into his arms. The helplessness of not being able to do anything to bring him back irritated his senses and made him weep at his own inability to save himself.

But he was right, it was his own fault. How could he even think of taking his beloved to such a big event and leaving him in the company of so many people, where his enemies were likely to be present. God was punishing him for his irresponsibility and recklessness. He couldn't even protect the angel who had been sent to show him the light of life and the beautiful aspects of his beloved love. Though he disposed of several men, owned several expensive properties, and his bank account increased with every passing second, he was poor when it came to life.

Tantalus' agony was close to how he felt. As soon as he raised his hands above his head to touch Taehyung's delicate lips, they disappeared before his eyes. Even Taehyung's hand, which he had wanted to grab and never let go of, disappeared into the depths of the lake he stood in. All that was left was the endless pain inside him. He would rather bleed from the inside than suffer like this.