Part 9- UA

3 months later

UA High. You had made it. You were standing at the gates to a new life, not sure if you were really ready to begin the journey of becoming a hero. Izu appeared at your side and put a hand on your shoulder. The two of you walked through the gate. Izuku had to stop for a few minutes to tie up his laces and told you to go on ahead. You quickly found your locker and stuck some of your books inside before heading off to try and find your classroom, 1A.

You walked in and immediately started to hear yelling. All you could see though was a taller boy with dark blue hair and a pair of shoes on top of the table. The other voice sounded familiar, but you didn't dare utter the name you thought it belonged to. You walked over to your seat and quickly sat down, hoping the blond-haired boy hadn't spotted you. You put your head down and focused on making sure you had everything you need for class.

"Hey hon, what's your name?"
"I'm Y/N L/N."
"Nice to meet ya! I'm Mina Ashido."
"Nice to meet you too, I guess."
"Come on, I'll introduce you to the rest of the girls!"
"Oh... Okay..."
Mina grabbed your hand and pulled you along to meet the other girls. You were nervous but let it happen. The rest of the girls turned out to be really nice, you saw Deku walk into the classroom and gave him a wave. He looked glad to see you making friends, Afterall you had never even tried the whole way through middle school.

Your quirk wasn't really anything flashy compared to the rest of the class. Your quirk wasn't anything like flight or super strength, no, you had a quirk called 'Bad Luck'. Similar to the magic of pixies or fae; the targeted individual, item or group would encounter bad luck that would benefit the owner of the quirk. The quirk also had a drawback that would cause the owner to lose some energy (become more tired the more it's used) depending on the size of the recipient . You didn't really like telling people about it, mostly because you hated attention, but also most people didn't realise the potential and just laughed at you.

You could control the situation or 'bad luck' caused, which ended up being useful during the quirk test that your teacher had sprung on the class. You used your quirk on the ball to cause the misfortune of the ball to be sent flying so far that it would be almost impossible to find. Aizawa was impressed by how well you could use your quirk. You kept a completely straight, monotone face. You had your quirk fairly under control and knew your limits, making it easier to plan your moves, so the test had been easy for you. The rest of the classes for the day flew by after that. A few people in the class had asked about your quirk and you had given the briefest explanation you could.

You didn't want to stick behind and talk to anyone after school, so you left immediately, almost quick enough that no one had seen you leave. You raced straight back to the tree you had taken residence in and swung straight up onto the platform to tell Touya all about it. You expected to find him sitting down chilling or reading, but instead you found him hurriedly packing everything in the tree.

"Touya? What's going on?"
"Y/N! I'm glad your back, we have to leave, I may have been spotted by someone who knew me. I have somewhere we can go for now, but you need to help me pack."
He explained. You nodded, dropping your bag and working to pack everything up as fast as possible. You slung a few bags of stuff over your shoulder and scooped up your backpack. Touya jumped down and landed gracefully and you followed, landing slightly less gracefully and almost falling over. You kept running, following close behind as the both of you fled the park. Touya led you through many alleyways, dodging boxes and other debris.

After about 15 minutes of running through old alleys, Touya led you into a building, it looked an old and worn-down factory. You followed him inside and down a short staircase into the basement. It wasn't too big, just enough to be the size of a small house, but it was full of mattresses. Most seemed to be in fairly good condition.

"This place used to be a mattress factory, they shut down production a few years ago. I found it when I was running away. It seemed a little bit close to the house I used to live in, so I chose not to stay. Besides, a treehouse seemed way more fun." Touya explained. That was something you had always admired about him; the fact that he could be so serious one minute, then so happy go lucky and fun the next. He put the stuff down in the back corner and began piling up mattresses around it, making a sort of wall to help hide us away.

You walked over and put down the stuff you were carrying and tried to help him move the mattresses. After moving everything to where it needed to go, Touya stated on dinner while you dragged an older looking mattress over to the corner to train your quirk on. After busting up a few springs, you began to feel a little tired and flopped down next to Touya and watched him boil the water for the ramen on the little camp oven you had bought with the money you got from selling the stuff in your apartment.

After dinner, you pretty much crashed. You were exhausted from the day after all. Touya noticed you were already asleep after dinner and threw a blanket over you before flopping onto a mattress himself and falling asleep. 

1/3/22