just a phase.

"MOM, I'M OFF TO SCHOOL! " Rayne yells up to her mother lying in her bed still half asleep. She opens the front door to her large front lawn. She walks up to her car stopping realising she forgot the keys. She runs inside to find them. She is racing around her living room tearing apart the couch and coffee table. "MOM!!" She tells "HAVE YOU SEEN MY KEYS!?" Confused at all the yelling her mother comes down stairs and says "no I havent-" she stops abruptly and slowly eyes her daughters outfit. She is dresses like a boy again. Black converse, black ripped jeans, red flannel and that maroon beanie that says "team dude" on the front. "Sweetheart, you're dressed like a... " her mom looks around to make sure no one is around and says in a hushed voice, "a dyke". Offended, Rayne runs upstairs not having time for this and looks for her keys in her room. She finds them on her beside table.

"Found them." She says before shes about to run out the door. "Honey?" Her mom calls out.
"Yes mom?"
"I just want what's best for you. I don't want people to think my little angel is gay. You know I didn't raise you that way. Love you."
"Love you." Rayne says before running outside to get in the car. She sits at the steering wheel for a second trying to think over what her mother just said.
There's no way I'm a lesbian. My mom would be so dissapointed if I was. I don't want her to think less of me. And with that she drove to school.