Chapter 5 : Chameleons

Hello ! Been a while. I don't have much connexion for the past and future few days, so I won't be so much as present. But here some chapter !

Chapter 5 : CAMELEONS

Everyone knew of chameleons, and their ability to make themselves unnoticeable in plain sight.

What only a few bothered to wonder about was how. Sure these little creatures had colors on them, enabling the animal to dissimulate in natural background just under our noses… But to be able to hide to the best of their abilities, their appearance wouldn't suffice. They had to detect the slightest eye movement of their predators, move very slowly, and identify the more identical spot to their own body in their environment when they could hide and ambush their own target to survive.

To say the least, chameleons were very observant creatures.

From this observation, chameleons were also Killua Zoldyck's natural frenemy.

When Meleoron came to… he was not where he fell asleep.

"Hey !" he jolted up to look around. He was in a car… What was he doing in a car !? "Where is my bed !"

"Chill, man," the voice of an octopus reached his panicking mind. "I couldn't wake you up, you're such a heavy sleeper ! So, we decided to just kidnap you."

"I don't like the word kidnap, it makes me freak out. Find something else. Wait. 'We' ?"

"Wait a sec, hum… how about 'took you with us while you slept' ? Or 'prevented an eventual late outcome to our surprise by not waiting for you to wake up' ?"

"Enough…"

Meleoron finally took in his surroundings. Yeah, right, the car. The… the camionette, actually. Next to him was Ikarugo. And the one driving was…

"You took some time to wake up, lizard."

"Pahamu… Where are we going ?"

The woman pushed a bang behind her shoulder as she sneered :

"It is a secret."

"It is not," corrected Ikarugo. "Meleoron, you remember the last time ?"

'Way to be confusing.'

"What time ?" he grumpily asked.

"The time there was the vote on TV ! You saw them too, didn't you ! Those two stupid boys !"

Oh ! A grin made its way on the chimera ant's face.

"Sure I do ! Are we going to see them ? Cool ! I bet they'll be so surprised, Killua will try to kill us."

"Oh please, no."

"That's actually highly possible," declared Pahamu with an amused tone. "In that case, I will do you a favor by knocking him out of our sight in a sec."

"No violence, we're friends !"

Meleoron didn't know if he should cry or laugh. The day before, he fell in his bed after a drunk night talking to kids about how they should not go talking to suspicious strangers, moreover weird looking strangers – did he really ? – and now he was in a car, on his way to see his friends with fellows-...

"Wait, what am I doing with you guys ?"

"I was the one who booked your rooms, boys," Pahamu easily replied.

Oh, so they came to pick him up in his room just because they knew where it was. Great. Meleoron decided to settle for another question.

"Okay, so where are the guys we're visiting ?"