Chapter 3

"I- uh-"
"I know why you're here, Quackity," Wilbur says with a confident smile.
"You aren't even supposed to be back now!" Quackity says annoyedly.
"Nobody was out cuz it's raining, so I was coming back for my guitar. So... you're looking for your axe, then?"
"What do you think, idiot?" Quackity says annoyedly, crossing his arms. "Plus, this place is shit. You really need to clean up at some point, fucking hell."
"I don't bother. Your kind always manage to drive me out of my homes, so why put the effort in when I'm just going to be forced out of it anyway?" Wilbur sneers with narrowed eyes. "I have half a mind to just kill you right here, right now."
"You can try," Quackity says in a mocking tone, "but you won't succeed."
"Last time we fought, I won and had the choice to either kill you or let you go. Be grateful I chose the latter. Anyway, you're not getting your axe back, so I'd recommend leaving pretty quickly," Wilbur says, baring his fangs menacingly. This doesn't scare Quackity.
"You're not even scary, idiot."
"Not trying to be," Wilbur says, casually leaning against the cracked wall. "Now, I'll give you ten seconds to leave my house, or unfortunately I shall have to kill you. Alright?"
There's no answer.
"Ten."
Quackity doesn't budge an inch, and Wilbur laughs. "You know what, Quackity, I'm beginning to think you have a death wish or something."
"No, I just want my axe back."
"Well, you're not getting it back. Get another one, dumbass."
"I... can't," Quackity says, sighing.
"Not my problem. Leave."
"No."
"I am pretty hungry now, I bet you'll do just fine with that pretty little neck of yours," Wilbur says tauntingly, running a cold finger down Quackity's neck, who immediately slaps it off and takes a few steps back. Quackity notices how goddamn long Wilbur's fingernails are.
"That's not what I meant," he says, anxiety growing at the sight of this vampire, so casual fifteen seconds ago, bearing down upon him, leering at him menacingly. He pretends to not be scared.
"Got a good diet lately? The healthiest victims always have the best blood, ya know? Or I could turn you. That would be funny. A vampire hunter, turned into one of the things he despises the most. I could do that. You don't mind blood, do you, Quackity?" Wilbur says, the gears in his fucked up mind turning.
"No! I'm not becoming one of you fuckers!" Quackity says annoyedly, but the tremor is visible in his voice.
He backs into the corner, where he's trapped by Wilbur cornering him.
Wilbur puts one hand above him, smirking, his red eyes glowing. "Oh, the mighty Quackity. This is his end. Killed by a- what was it- 'common vampire'? Not so common now, am I?"
Quackity stays stubbornly silent, staring up at Wilbur with glassy eyes- a result of him trying to not cry (which he's failing).
"Ooh, giving me the silent treatment, are you? Will you be as silent when I kill you?"
Quackity manages to control himself enough to say, "Fuck you, asshole."
"Any last words?"
"Yeah. Bye."

Quackity darts underneath Wilbur's legs, privately grateful for his smaller stature. He knocks Wilbur over in the process, who gets up, cursing, and pelts after him.
Quackity's eyes latch onto the pile of books he'd placed before he'd been caught, and he has a strike of inspiration.
He puts one foot on the pile and launches himself, grabbing his axe.
"Ooh, birdie's getting cocky now, are we? You want another fight?" Wilbur asks, tilting his head to the side mockingly and grinning.
"I just want my fucking axe back, asshole," Quackity spits back, voice dripping with venom.
"No can do. Give the axe back or I will have to kill you," Wilbur says, his hand outstretched.
"Are you actually dumb? Of course I'm not giving it back!"
"Death it is, then. Can't believe I'm having to do this again."
"Look, man, just leave me alone, let me have the axe, and nobody gets hurt, OK?" Quackity says, sighing.
"No deal. Give it, now, or I shall have to kill you."
Wilbur's face is thunderous and he looks as if he's about to break something.
Quackity only says two words.
"Fuck you."

He sprints out of the dank, dirty house and back out into the forest, slipping on the wet soil and mud. The rain hasn't begun to stop yet, so he's stumbling and tripping over logs more than usual, his vision blurred by the pouring rain.
He glances back to see that Wilbur's giving chase, a determined yet furious look on his face, getting closer by the second.
Quackity's soon puffing and panting, not expecting the sheer amount of stamina Wilbur seems to have.
Of course he's not going to run out of breath, he's a vampire, he thinks to himself as he stumbles across the forest, energy seeping out of him. The axe isn't helping either- it's weighing him down and making him slower and slower, but he can't drop it. I mean, the axe is the only thing he came back for!
To drop it now would be a huge mistake.
Quackity barely looks where he's going as he pelts through the forest.
Suddenly, he hears a small grunt behind him- sort of an 'oomph' sound- and then feels cold hands grab the back of his collar and pull.
He falls down to the ground, facing upwards, and he's pretty sure that he's got a mild concussion of some sort from the impact.