[BONUS CHAPTER] What Would Have Happened If It Was A Prank?

warning! this contains minor spoilers for Chapter 10! if you haven't read Chapter 10, read at your own risk :)

this is literally just about what would have happened if Tommy's 'death' was a prank lmao, enjoy

Quackity's laughing loudly, manically, his axe in one hand, and what's in his other hand... Wilbur feels sick to his stomach.
He's holding Tommy's head up by his hair victoriously, while the rest of Tommy's body is slumped, unmoving, on the nest of blankets and cushions.
Quackity has an inhuman grin planted on his face, and it widens when he sees Wilbur.

"Hey, Wilbur!" he yells, laughing. "How does it feel for you to have someone you love die? Huh? How does it feel?"
Wilbur's speechless. Quackity's gone full-out crazy.
"Quackity! I- what the fuck? And we were just making up! I was planning on letting you go, you idiot!"
The last part is a lie, but he says it in order to make Quackity feel worse about his decision to murder Tommy.
"Oh, were you? I don't care!" he yells.
Wilbur can't take looking at Tommy's head any more, so he slumps down onto the bed, head in hands, and suddenly he hears laughter.

Not evil or triumphant laughter, no, it just sounds like... humorous laughter. Like something's funny.
"What's so funny?" he asks annoyedly, getting up from the bed.
Quackity tries to speak but he's still gasping for breath from his uncontrollable peals of laughter. Once he gets the chance to speak, he chokes out, "Check... the... wardrobe."
A confused Wilbur goes over to the wardrobe and, before he even gets time to turn the handle, someone jumps out.

It's Tommy!

He's laughing, and Wilbur realises that the 'head' is actually an oddly realistic doll head painted to look like Tommy, and the rest of the 'body' is just a couple of cushions stuffed in some clothes. The relief he's feeling is immense since he'd thought he'd lost his brother.
"Tommy!" he exclaims, pulling Tommy into a gleeful hug. "You're alive!"
"It was all a prank, Wilby!" Tommy says with a laugh. "I'm right here!"
"So... you actually talked to Quackity? Really?" Wilbur asks.
"Oh yeah! He wouldn't stop going on about you, actually," Tommy replies cheerfully.
"Really? Also, who painted the doll? It looks exactly like you," Wilbur says, changing the subject since he's getting a bit flustered.

"I did!" Tommy says proudly.
"You did?"
"He's really into arty stuff," Quackity tells Wilbur, "so he thought it would be funny to play a prank on you. You know, sibling pranks?"
"I don't. I've never had siblings before," Wilbur says with a laugh. "You guys scared me!"
Quackity and Tommy high-five with a small 'yesss'.
"Anyway, let's go downstairs. You guys are idiots, by the way," Wilbur says good-naturedly, smiling.

They headed downstairs, feeling a lot better than they had previously, and on the way down Quackity linked hands with Wilbur.

remember, Tommy is still dead, this is just a 'what if' chapter LMAO