Chapter 4

(A/N: The above picture is what I imagine Ravenclaw common room to look like. This is purely my imagination and you are free to imagine it whichever way you like.)

"RAVENCLAW!"

I rushed over to the blue-cladded table. Everyone were clapping. Suddenly, for a moment, all the worry seemed to have gone from the world. People were cheering and happy for me. Just the thought made my heart swell with happiness.

"Granger, Hermione!" 

Hermione almost ran to the stool and jammed the hat eagerly on her head.

Please be Ravenclaw, please be Ravenclaw, please....

"GRYFFINDOR!" shouted the hat.

Hermione is in a different house...HOW AM I GONNA MANAGE EVERYTHING ALL ALONE?! GOD HAD GIVEN ME A BRILLIANT TWIN FOR A REASON – I AM TOO STUPID TO TAKE CARE OF EVERYTHING ALL ALONE.

Ok I need to stop freaking out.

Hermione hopped off to the Gryffindor with a sad smile on her face when she turned to look at my reaction. It will be difficult without you, Herms.

(A/N: Herms is the nickname Ariana has for Hermione and Ari is the one Hermione has for Ariana. They don't use it often since they don't get along that much.)

The hat took a very long time to decide for "Longbottom, Neville" when it finally shouted "GRYFFINDOR!"

"Hey. My name is Cho Chang. Congratulations on making it into Ravenclaw." A stunningly pretty girl looking slightly older than me offered me her hand.

"Ariana Granger." I said shaking her hand.

"Well Ariana, I am in second year, just the one above you. You can ask if you ever need my help in the future." she said with a smile.

Cho seemed quite kind.

I zoned out for the rest of the sorting, sometimes talking with Cho but mostly thinking how am I going to handle everything without Hermione by my side. I mean, sure, she wasn't the best sister seeing as she never even talked to me but I had this sense of relief that would be there for me if anything wrong happened. After all, no matter how wrong things go, 'twin bonds' are very strong.

Malfoy had got into Slytherin just as he had wanted along with his two bodyguards, aka, Crabbe and Goyle. Harry and Ron had gotten into Gryffindor just like Hermione.

After the sorting got over, Albus Dumbledore had got to his feet. He was beaming at the students, his arms opened wide, as if nothing could have pleased him more than to see them all there.

"Welcome!" he said. "Welcome to a new year at Hogwarts! Before we begin our banquet, I would like to say a few words. And here they are: Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak! 

"Thank you!"

The empty dishes in front of us were now piled with food. I had never seen so many things I liked to eat on one table: roast beef, roast chicken, pork chops and lamb chops, sausages, bacon and steak, boiled potatoes, roast potatoes, chips, Yorkshire pudding, peas, carrots, gravy, ketchup and, for some strange reason, mint humbugs. Everything tasted bloody brilliant. Seriously food was the only thing that could take my mind off Hermione.

When everyone had eaten as much as they could, the remains of the food faded from the plates, leaving them sparkling clean as before. A moment later the puddings appeared. Blocks of ice-cream in every flavour you could think of, apple pies, treacle tarts, chocolate éclairs and jam doughnuts, trifle, strawberries, jelly, rice pudding.

We spent the rest of the feast tucking in as much food as we could, talking amongst ourselves and occasionally talking to the ghosts. The Fat Friar, Hufflepuff ghost seemed like a cheerful person, Nearly Headless Nick, Gryffindor ghost looked downright creepy when he took of his head, Bloody Baron, Slytherin ghost was giving me creepy vibes and Grey Lady, Ravenclaw ghost seemed kinda gloomy.

Cho and I had a nice time getting to know each other. I seriously can't believe that within a day I have gotten myself a friend.

After the feast, Professor Dumbledore got to his feet again. The Hall fell silent. 

"Ahem – just a few more words now we are all fed and watered. I have a few start-of-term notices to give you. 

"First-years should note that the forest in the grounds is forbidden to all pupils. And a few of our older students would do well to remember that as well." 

Dumbledore's twinkling eyes flashed in the direction of the Weasley twins. They were Ron's big brothers whom he spoke about in the train. They were in their third year. Ron had a total of six siblings: Bill and Charlie who had finished Hogwarts, Percy who was in his fifth year and a prefect, Fred and George were twins in third year and his younger sister Ginny will start Hogwarts next year.

"I have also been asked by Mr Filch, the caretaker, to remind you all that no magic should be used between classes in the corridors." Dumbledore continued.

"Quidditch trials will be held in the second week of term. Anyone interested in playing for their house teams should contact Madam Hooch. 

"And finally, I must tell you that this year, the third-floor corridor on the right-hand side is out of bounds to everyone who does not wish to die a very painful death.

And now, bedtime. Off you trot!"

As we moved up to the Ravenclaw common room, we saw a bundle of walking sticks floating in mid-air ahead of us and as the Prefect took a step towards them they started throwing themselves at him.

"Peeves," Cho whispered to me. "A poltergeist."

Once we escaped the poltergeist, we finally arrived at the Ravenclaw common room. The entrance was pretty cool, one had to answer a riddle to get inside.

After arriving at the common room, I didn't even bother taking a second glance at it and fled to the girl's dormitory as soon as possible and practically threw myself on the bed. Soon, sleep engulfed me.

This was a long day with an interesting journey ahead.