Chapter 10

After I got back to the common room, I told Cho everything. At first, she was angry with me for lying but she understood why I did it. I even told her about meeting the handsome Hufflepuff, Cedric Diggory. 

•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•

Next day, I was quite late for my classes. I hardly got time to get ready and rushed for breakfast. The mails arrived as soon as I reached the Great Hall. I caught Cho's eye and ran to her.

"Hey." I said to her.

"Hey. I was just wondering where you were. You got really late to—" Cho was cut short by a loud shrieking noise from the Gryffindor Table.

"... STEALING THE CAR, I WOULDN'T HAVE BEEN SURPRISED IF THEY'D EXPELLEDYOU, YOU WAIT TILL I GET HOLD OF YOU, I DON'T SUPPOSE YOU STOPPED TO THINKWHAT YOUR FATHER AND I WENT THROUGH WHEN WE SAW IT HAD GONE..."

I looked up to see Ron. I would be lying if I said this wasn't funny...just a little bit.

"... LETTER FROM DUMBLEDORE LAST NIGHT, I THOUGHT YOUR FATHER WOULD DIEOF SHAME, WE DIDN'T BRING YOU UP TO BEHAVE LIKE THIS, YOU AND HARRY COULDBOTH HAVE DIED ..."

Poor guy looked damn embarrassed. I kind of felt sorry for a moment but then realised he deserved it.

"... ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTED, YOUR FATHER'S FACING AN INQUIRY AT WORK, IT'SENTIRELY YOUR FAULT AND IF YOU PUT ANOTHER TOE OUT OF LINE WE'LL BRING YOUSTRAIGHT BACK HOME."

Okay no matter what he did, no one deserves that. With that thought in mind, I left Ravenclaw Table to check up on Ron and Harry, especially Ron.

It shattered me to even look at Ron's face. He looked completely and utterly defeated.

"Hey mate. Don't worry. It's gonna be alright. The year has just started and within two days everyone will find some new gossip to talk about and forget this." I tried to sooth him.

"Yeah, I guess you are right. I want food right now. Food and only food can calm me right now." Hearing Ron's reply we chuckled and handed him a plate of food.

I returned back to the Ravenclaw Table and Professor Flitwick handed us our timetables. We first had herbology with the Slytherins, followed by Transfiguration with the Hufflepuffs and lastly Defence Against The Dark Arts with the Gryffindors. The timetable was pretty good. I headed off to my first class as soon as I saw it.

Herbology went by pretty quickly. We had to repot the mandrakes in Greenhouse 2. There was nothing much eventful except Malfoy trying to mess around. Later, in Transfiguration, we had to transfigure a beetle into a button. It was pretty easy and I finished it within ten minutes and spent the rest of my time making notes.

I was quite excited for Lockhart's class. I wanted to see what the new teacher had in set for us.

When the whole class was seated, Lockhart cleared his throat loudly and silence fell. He reached forward, picked up Neville Longbottom's copy of Travels with Trolls and held it up to show his own, winking portrait on the front. 

"Me," he said, pointing at it and winking as well, "Gilderoy Lockhart, Order of Merlin, Third Class, Honorary Member of the Dark Force Defence League and five times winner of Witch Weekly's Most Charming-Smile Award – but I don't talk about that. I didn't get rid of the Bandon Banshee by smiling at her!"

Talk about a narcissistic nature...

"I see you've all bought a complete set of my books – well done. I thought we'd start today with a little quiz. Nothing to worry about – just to check how well you've read them, how much you've taken in..."