Chapter 11

October arrived before I knew it. Surprisingly, there was not much that happened except studies. Although, Harry was acting quite weird. It felt like he wanted to say something to me but stopped as soon as he glanced at Ron and Hermione. I decided that it was their business and not to prey further.

Halloween was just around the corner and the castle was filled with excitement. The Halloween feast was something you would not want to miss. Unfortunate that we missed the half of it due to the Troll fiasco last year.

Me and Cho spent most of the feast talking and laughing together, occasionally with Padma piping in the conversation. 

Padma's sister, Parvati and her friend, Lavender, both Gryffindors would spend a lot of time with us as well making us a big group of friends. Sometimes, two Hufflepuffs, Hannah Abbott and Susan Bones would also join us.

The feast was really nice. The only thing I missed was Harry and Ron. They and Hermione had to attend Nearly Headless Nick's Deathday Party. I kinda pity them because the feast was marvellous and they missed it. Also, I was quite sure that ghosts don't provide food that can be eaten by humans.

After the feast, we all started to head back. It was really late and I was really sleepy. I was thinking about my bed when suddenly there was complete silence. I was quite shocked since it was unusual of the students to suddenly stop talking. I looked up to see—

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖒𝖇𝖊𝖗 𝖔𝖋 𝖘𝖊𝖈𝖗𝖊𝖙𝖘 𝖍𝖆𝖘 𝖇𝖊𝖊𝖓 𝖔𝖕𝖊𝖓𝖊𝖉
𝕰𝖓𝖊𝖒𝖎𝖊𝖘 𝖔𝖋 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖍𝖊𝖎𝖗, 𝖇𝖊𝖜𝖆𝖗𝖊

A writing on the wall. The most scary part was that it wasn't written in some normal ink, it was written in blood. There was something hanging beside it—

"Mrs. Norris!" Cho gasped. 

The sight was frightening. A weird message on the wall written with blood and a cat looking dead and lifeless hanging beside it.

But that wasn't the worst part. Just under the crime seen, I saw them: Harry, Ron and Hermione, looking super guilty as if they were the ones who killed Mrs. Norris.

What the hell have these idiots gotten themself into this time? 

Just then, someone shouted through the quiet.

"Enemies of the heir, beware! You'll be next, mudbloods!"

It was Draco Malfoy. Of course that idiot had to pass his annoying comments even in such a serious situation. When I go to heaven, the first thing I would do would ask God why he gave this boy a mouth in the first place.

"What's going on here? What's going on?" 

Attracted no doubt by Malfoy's shout, Argus Filch came shouldering his way through the crowd. Then he saw Mrs Norris and fell back, clutching his face in horror. 

"My cat! My cat! What's happened to Mrs Norris?" he shrieked. 

And his popping eyes fell on Harry. 

"You!" he screeched, "You! You've murdered my cat! You've killed her! I'll kill you! I'll –" 

"Argus!" 

Dumbledore had arrived on the scene, followed by a number of other teachers. In seconds, he had swept past Harry, Ron and Hermione and detached Mrs Norris from the torch bracket. 

"Come with me, Argus," he said to Filch. "You too, Mr Potter, Mr Weasley, Miss Granger." 

Lockhart stepped forward eagerly. 

"My office is nearest, Headmaster – just upstairs – please feel free –" 

"Thank you, Gilderoy," said Dumbledore. 

The silent crowd parted to let them pass. Lockhart, looking excited and important, hurried after Dumbledore; so did Professors McGonagall and Snape.

I am definitely not sleepy anymore.

"Remind me to kill Hermione next time when we meet her." I said to Cho.

"Please return to your dormitories everyone." Hufflepuff prefect shouted.

Before I returned back to my dormitory, I had something else to do. I rushed through the crowd to find Draco Malfoy. As soon as I saw him, I grabbed him by the collar.

"NEVER, I REPEAT, NEVER. CALL MY SISTER A MUDBLOOD AGAIN." I glared at him.

"Oh really? What will you do if I call her a mudblood?" He provoked me.

"I will hex you so bad that it will ruin that pretty face of yours forever. I mean it Malfoy." I replied furiously.

"You think my face is pretty?" He smirked.

"No, of course I don't. I was angry and at it just slipped out of the mouth accidentally." I retorted.

"Yes, definitely." He winked.

"You know what? Its just a waste of time arguing with you. I won't try to convince you not to call my sister that, but know this, if you do, you will regret it." I walked away.

I was way too tired right now to waste my time and argue with Malfoy. I'd rather enjoy the comfort of my bed and sleep. 

However, when I returned back to my four poster bed, going to sleep proved to be very difficult. All I could think about was that Harry, Ron and Hermione might be in serious trouble. I stayed awake for hours, twisting and turning on my bed, trying to sleep. 

I couldn't sleep that night. I was worried about my friends. However, at some part, deep inside me, I just couldn't stop thinking about what Malfoy and his annoying attitude.

•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-• 

A/N: Omg guys its been so long. I am soooo sorry I couldn't update for a long time. I had a lot going on and didn't have time. 

One more thing, I might quit this book altogether. I am not getting much reads and its kinda disappointing so I don't really know if I will continue it anymore.

Love you all <3