Chapter 7

The rest of the year went quite uneventful and before I knew it exams were round the corner. Cho had been really kind and had helped me prepare for my exams. Me and Padma would sit awake even after lights-out asking quizzing each other about the syllabus.

Hermione was now best friends with Ron and Harry. I heard the three of them mention some Nicholas Flamel once and when I asked them who he was they looked like I had caught them doing some crime. I wanted to know what they were up to but decided not to pry further since I needed to focus on my exams and what they did was not really of my concern.

I would be lying if I said I wasn't freaking out about the exams. I had always heard the Hogwarts end-of-the-year examination were kinda scary. Cho said that they weren't a big deal but Fred and George said that even passing in the exams was very difficult.

I had grown quite close to Fred and George in the past few months. They were really cool and fun to be around. I helped them set up a couple of pranks as well. They said I had become like a little sister to them and even invited me to come over to their house, which they call "The Burrow" over the holidays. Their younger sister, Ginny, never had a female presence except their mother in the house and they said she would love some girl company of her age.

•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•

It was severely hot, especially in the large classroom where we did our written papers. We had been given special, new quills for the exams which had been bewitched with an Anti-Cheating spell. I wrote as much and as I remembered, for some answers it was twice the amount needed.

We had practical exams as well. Professor Flitwick called us one by one to see if we could make a pile of books fly. Luckily, I succeeded on my first try, making Professor Flitwick clap in delight.

Professor McGonagall watched us turn a mouse into a snuffbox. Points were given for how pretty the snuffbox was and were taken away if it had whiskers. My snuffbox had a glittery silver filigree pattern with no whiskers in sight. I could swear I saw Professor McGonagall giving me one of her rare smiles.

Snape made me nervous by breathing down our necks while we tried to brew a forgetfulness potion. Why need to brew a potion when he can make people forget anything with his mere creepy presence?

In the end, he spent full five minutes trying to find somewhere to deduct points but luckily he didn't find anything and I got full marks.

History of Magic was the most boring paper. My essay upon Soap Blizzard of 1378 was more than 30 inches long and had detailed diagrams of the economic rises and falls.

As soon as Professor Binns asked us to put down the quills, the whole class cheered since the exams were over. Finally, they were driving me nuts.

•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•

I spent the next few hours with Cho in the Ravenclaw Common Room. We laughed, had fun and played several games. She even told me the story of her first crush. Sadly for me, I was never really around much people as a child and thus did not have my first crush yet.

"I was 9. I was a really shy girl back in my muggle school. When I got bullied by a couple of girls, for being nerdy, he stood up for me. He was really cute. We hung out with each other all summer. When I finally got the guts to tell him that I liked him, my witchy side decided to kick in and make his hair pink. He ran away and after that I figured out I was a witch." said Cho.

I was laughing so hard at this story that someone who didn't know she cracked a joke might think that I was dying.

"Hey guys. Did you hear about Harry, Ron and Hermione?" suddenly a new voice chimed in. I looked up to see Padma hovering above us with a very strange look on her face.

Oh shit, what did my idiotic sister do this time?

"Apparently, they went to the third floor corridor that was forbidden, tackled a three headed dog and some more creepy obstacles and then saw Professor Quirrell trying to take Nicholas Flamel's philosopher's stone to bring back You-Know-Who. Harry tackled him. Long story short, Quirrell is dead, You-Know-Who is gone and Harry is lying in the hospital wing unconscious." Padma said all this so fast that if I weren't hanging on to every word she said, I would have never understood what she was saying.

Me and Cho were dumbstruck for a moment. 

"Umm...who is this Flamel guy?" asked Cho.

"WHERE THE HELL IS HERMIONE?" I shouted when reality kicked back in.

I should have killed this girl long ago when we shared the same womb, wouldn't have this much problems in my life then.

I rushed to Hermione in the Great Hall as fast as I could and surprised her by giving her a hug. And again surprised her by punching her in the face.

"Ouch! What was that for?" she asked offended.

"NEVER, and I repeat, NEVER put yourself in danger ever again." I said to her.

•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•

A couple of days later, Harry had woken and everything was back to normal. The chatter about the trio's adventure had died down significantly. Finally, it was the last day of school. After seven years, Gryffindor won the house cup. They got some extra points because of the trio's little adventure. Unfortunately, Ravenclaw was in the third place. I was sad about it at first but decided not to dwell too much.

Saying goodbye was the toughest part. Me and Cho had been together for every minute of every day for the past few months. Thinking that I would again be without friends for a few months was devastating. On a happier note, mine and Hermione's relations were better than last year so I might just get through the summer. The train engine blew loudly and we knew it was time to leave.

Goodbye Hogwarts

•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•

END OF YEAR 1

•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•

A/N: I am so sorry for the late update. My life isn't really happy right now and I was looking at the negative side of everything. Thus, I thought that this book is not progressing nicely. I promise I won't be this late next time.

Hope you guys enjoyed Year 1 :)