031. ruined our friendship.

my other half
[7:30 pm]

my other half:
hey, mon amour

lavelle:
shove off

lavelle:
you're an ass, i'm moving on but why the fuck are you flirting with me for two weeks straight!
(message not sent) 

my other half:
so moody

my other half:
let's go out

lavelle:
go out by yourself!

lavelle:
it's night time 🙄

my other half:
your point? 🤨

my other half:
let's have stargazing at the beach

lavelle:
you really know how to get me, i hate you!
(message not sent)

lavelle:
that's tempting but no❤

my other half:
i'm actually at your door step now

lavelle:
die in coldness then

my other half:
wow, you're so sweet

lavelle:
thanks

my other half:
i'll give you a kiss, come on

lavelle:
daily reminder that WE ARE BESTFRIEND

my other half:
i ALWAYS kiss you on cheeks and forehead🤨

my other half:
you were thinking of something else? 😏

lavelle:
no❤

lavelle:
yes
(message not sent)

my other half:
please, come out mon amour

my other half:
please 👉👈

lavelle:
you're lucky that i love you
(message not sent)

lavelle:
fine 🙄

my other half:
i love you

lavelle:
PAUSE 😳
(message not sent)

lavelle:
STOP 🤺 PLAYING 🤺 WITH 🤺 MY 🤺 FEELINGS 🤺
(message not sent)

my other half:
as a friend

my other half:
i love you as a friend

lavelle:
😁🔪
(message not sent)

lavelle:
i should have known
(message not sent)

The moon's reflection glistened in the ocean, a beautiful view they had right now as they sat on the beach, neither far nor close to the water.

Harry looked to his side to see his bestfriend enthralled by the moon's beauty; he knows how much she enjoys stargazing and how it soothes her.

This past few weeks, his attitude toward her has shifted; he's found himself staring at her the way she stares at the moon, flirting with her in ways he normally wouldn't, and even becoming envious when she went out for coffee with Kenji yesterday.

He felt incomplete when she left to go to the Philippines. At first, he thought it was because they'd been with each other their entire lives and being apart for a month would be different.

He went to spend time with his girlfriend—well, ex-girlfriend now—in the hopes of easing his heart, but his thoughts kept returning to Lavelle.

He was hurt when she didn't respond to his text; he assumed she was ignoring him, but it turns out it was Ezra who deleted the message.

He was enraged, of course, when she told him she received a text saying not to call or text him, he had an idea his mind remembered Ezra as he once caught her holding his phone but he didn't mind.

So he approached her and confronted her with it. It took Ezra awhile to confess, and she begged Harry to forgive her when he broke up with her, but he refused.

The friendship he has with Lavelle is more important to him than anything else. He treasured what they had, and as time passed, his feelings for her changed, as if he wanted her to be his one and only.

"Let's ruin our friendship, mon amour," Harry stated, drawing her attention to him and furrowing her brow at his abrupt statement. "I want to ruined our friendship, lav."

"What?"

"I don't think I want us to be just best friends," he said. "I like you, Lav, more than just friends; I've only realized it just this week, and I know it's all sudden, but we can take it slowly if you want."

"If this is part of your prank, I'm not interested," she responds, her heart softening. What if he develops feelings for her? After secretly loving him, her feelings were finally reciprocated; isn't this what she'd always wanted?

"I'm not joking with you, mon amour," he said, his eyes sincere. "I like you, and if you want, I can prove it."

"And how would you be able to do it?"

"You told me about your tradition, right? When a man wants to prove himself to the women he likes, he would court her," he continued, "I would do it, even if I don't know how that works, for you and I'm willing to learn more about that tradition."

"Are you going to court me?" she asks, still unable to believe it. "You are aware that in our culture, if a boy wants to court a girl, he must first seek permission from her parents."

"I could do that," he replied. "I could also ask Emilia and Casper about your tradition or look it up on the internet, but the point is that I respect your tradition and will take it out properly."

Lavelle smiled as she realized that her long-awaited dream had come true. She doesn't want to wake up if this is a dream.

"Let's ruin our friendship, my other half," Lavelle said, making Harry smile and kiss her forehead lovingly.

The two bestfriends are finally taking a step forward in their relationship under the night sky, with the stars, moon, and ocean on their side.

mar notes:

Thank you so much for 1k+ reads!! I love you all <33