041. i love you, goodbye.

"Now tell me, what's the problem, mon amour, so we can fix this," Harry stated, touching the back of Lavelle's hand; they were sitting on her couch, two inches apart.

"I don't think we can fix it," Lavelle says coldly, not looking him in the eyes because she knows how it would melt her and possibly be selfish and keep him, but she knows she can't, he'd be a father.

"Tell me and we will fix it."

"I think you should ask Ezra, it's not my story to tell," she responded, wanting to tell him why she wanted to break up with him, but it's not her story to tell about Ezra's pregnancy.

"I don't want to talk to her and what's she got to do with this?"

"Just please, talk to her."

"No, mon amour."

"It's not my story to tell."

"What are you talking about?"

"Text her and you would know."

Right on cue, Harry received a message from Ezra; upon reading it, his world began to darken; the news flabbergasted him; words were unable to form in his mind.

"You're going to be a great father and husband, Harry," Lavelle's words jolted him out of his reverie, his eyes wide with surprise, and tears welled up in both his and her eyes.

"I'm sorry, mon amour."

"You don't have to apologize," she stated, because there is nothing to apologize for. Harry and Lavelle were not dating at the time he and Ezra had sex; in fact, he and Ezra were dating at the time, so whatever happened between them was mutually agreed upon by both of them.

"I love you."

"I love you, too."

"This is the end?"

"I think so."

"The world is unfair, mon amour," Harry said, his tears falling alongside Lavelle's. "I want you for the rest of my life, but the universe only gave us months."

"We can still be friends, my other half," she muttered, her voice cracking from tears. "That way, it would last forever."

"In my next life, if God ever gave me one, I would find you, mon amour, and I would make you mine forever," he said as he clutched her hand.

"See you in our next eclipse, my other half."

"Can I kiss you one last time?"

Lavelle nodded, and Harry leaned in, pressing his lips against hers; their kiss was soft, full of admiration, and a desire to hold on.

Their kiss lasted only a few minutes, but it felt like an eternity; their foreheads rested against each other; his lips moved to her forehead and planted a delicate kiss.

"I love you, goodbye."