2.

A week had passed since the talent show. News of Jake's dad's death spread like wildfire or a virus. He had been drinking and tried to fix a fuse. He was electrocuted. Jake and Junior had not shown up for school in a week. I asked around and learned that they were cousins. Lexy and Oliver broke up. Lexy and Junior were over. Devon and I became best friends. When I walked into the school the first thing I noticed was Jake. He was standing over by our lockers staring at nothing. I ran over to him and hugged him tightly.

"How are you?" I stopped hugging him.

"I'm okay. How are you?" He shut his locker.

"I'm okay." I began walking beside Jake.

"I'll see you at lunch!" He said as he walked into his class.

"Yeah." I walked towards my room.

    The entire day all I heard were whispers about Jake being back. When it was finally lunch time I went and sat next to Jake. We sat in silence eating while everyone around us continued to stare at us and whisper.

"Hey Delilah I have a question?" Oliver walked over to us.

"Hey Oli! What's up?" I turned to him and smiled.

"Well I'm throwing a Halloween party and I wanted to invite you and Jake!" He looked behind him.

"Costumes?" I tilted my head.

"Obviously." He looked at Jake.

"We will be there!" I looked at Jake and then back at Oliver.

"Okay it starts at 9! Don't be late." He walked away with his friends.

"Since when are you and Oliver friends?" Jake said, angered.

"A couple of days. He helped me with a biology assignment and we've been friends since then." I looked over to Lexy.

"Ask her out." Devon sat beside me.

"What huh who?" I said, pretending to be clueless.

"Lexy." Jake said, staring at Devon.

"It's obvious you like her Del. Ask her out." Devon looked over at Lexy.

"She's not into women. I have no shot with her." I said, looking back at the table.

"Who knows. Some people may surprise you." Devon said as he and Jake locked eyes.

"Oh my just kiss already." I said, rolling my eyes in a joking way.

"Maybe we should." Devon laughed.

"Maybe." Jake said, blushing.

'If you kiss I'll ask Lexy out." I said, joking.

"Okay." Devon leaned in and kissed Jake.

"You've got to be kidding me." I sighed.

"Go get your girl!" Jake pushed on my arm.

"Ugh fine." I stood up and walked over towards Lexy.

"Hey Delilah what's up?" Lexy smiled.

"Can we talk in private?" I pointed to a corner.

"Sure. Be right back everyone." She stood up.

As we walked to the corner her apology ran through my head. She apologized and promised to not be a bully.

"So Del what's up?" She stopped walking.

"Man this is weird." I said, thinking out loud.

"What is?" She smiled and laughed a little.