5.

My heart began to race. I remembered the fire. I remember leaving him there. How could he be back? My thoughts were soon interrupted.

"We didn't want you to worry. We wanted to keep you safe." Lexy grabbed my hand.

"You should have told me before now. He is my father." I pulled away from Lexy.

"I know but we wanted to protect you." She tried to grab my hand.

"Lexy I need time. I can't do this right now. I need to go. Please do not follow me." I ran outside the hospital and towards the cemetery.

    I quickly ran out of breath and began walking. The entire time my brain was focused on Chucky. How could they not tell me? I almost died to stop him. He burned in that house. How was he back? Before I knew it I was at the cemetery. I ran to a bush and sat down in front of it. I sat there, thinking, planning. I was hurt that they kept it a secret from me. I understood they were trying to protect me but I can protect myself right?

"Wow, not my daughter sitting in a cemetery." A voice came from the bush.

"Who is that?" I jumped up and looked behind me.

"Oh please like you don't know." Chucky appeared.

"So it's true. You are back." I crossed my arms.

"I see they finally told you. Took them long enough." He walked closer to me.

"How long." I sat back down.

"How long?" He sat beside me.

"How long did they know?" I looked up to the sky.

"A week maybe." He looked up with me.

"Why do you do what you do?" I asked, trying to keep myself from crying.

"To tell you the truth I have no idea." He looked at the ground.

"How can you do it?" I looked at him.

"Again I don't know Delilah. Delilah is weird." He looked at me.

'Why?" I asked.

"Well your mother and I had a car. It was our first car. She named it Delilah. I'm pretty sure it was where you were conceived." He chuckled.

"That would be a cute story if both of my parents were crazy." I laughed with him.

"Yeah. I didn't even know your mother was pregnant until the day I died." He said softly.

"She didn't tell you?" I looked at him, shocked.

"Nope. How old were you when you found out about me?" He looked back at the ground.

"Well 13. She didn't tell me. I found your note." I looked at the sky again.

"I wish I could have been there for your life. I wish I could have been a father." He sounded sincere.

"Would you have given up your ways for me?" I said, not believing him.

"Honestly yes. I always wanted a daughter." He looked up at the sky with me.

"How did you end up like this?" I looked back at him.

"Like what?" He continued to look at the sky.

"How did you become a doll?" I laughed.

"Long story short, when I died I did some spell that I had read about and next thing I knew I was a good guy doll." We both started laughing.

"Sounds believable" I said.

"Yeah." He stopped laughing.

"I actually feel better now." I sighed.

"You want to know what will make you feel better?" He looked at me with a serious look.

"What might that be?" I asked.

"Killing them." He answered seriously.

"Are you being serious?" I gasped.

"Yeah? I mean it would remove your problems." He shrugged his tiny doll shoulders.

"I don't think I could. I'm not like that." I stood up.

"Of course you are. You are my daughter." He disappeared into the bush.

    When he left his words flooded my brain. You are my daughter. He was right. No. They are my friends. Before I knew it I fell asleep on the ground. When I woke up the sun was up and the birds were chirping. I checked my cell phone. I had missed calls from everyone. I decided to call them back.

"Oh my! Del, where are you?" Devon answered.

"I am not ready to tell you." I said as I put the phone on speaker.

"Okay that's fine. Are you okay?" He said frantically.

"I'm fine." I said as the birds chirping faded.

"Delilah we should have told you. We just wanted you to rest." Jake interrupted the call.

"I know." I hung up the phone and stood up.

    After standing up I made the decision to go home. I picked up my phone off the ground and began the walk home. Sirens flooded the streets as usual. Not one house had lights on. After a few minutes I arrived home. Before I entered my house I made a decision. I turned away and started towards Lexy's house. I arrived at Lexy's and knocked on the door. When she answered everything I thought about saying to her just disappeared.

"Lexy, you are the best thing to ever happen to me. I could never ask for another love. No matter what happens just know I care about you and I always will. Remember that." I began to tear up.

"Delilah what is going on?" She stepped outside and shut her door.

"Lexy" I stopped before I said anything else.

"What?" She stepped closer.

"I love you." I kissed her.

"I love you." She kissed me back.

"I must go now. Please don't forget that I love you Lexy Cross." I turned around and started walking away.

"Wait Delilah!" She yelled at me.

"Yeah?" I turned around.

"Don't leave." She walked off her porch.

"I must go." I turned away and ignored her.

    I kept walking. My brain flooded with memories of the first time Lexy and I met, our first kiss, and our first dance. My heart shattered. My decision was final. I knew what I needed to do. I just wish there was another way.