Chapter 7 :Oh stranger,why do you hide?

The next day I had woken up to a knock on my door that broke my sleep.

Anyone who broke my sleep faced the consequences of my morning rage as I was not a morning person and hated anyone who disturbed me.

As I walked to the door and opened it I was surprised to see a lady standing there holding a cake in her hands.

"Hello! I'm Avery, your new neighbour?" Her voice was way too enthusiastic and she was dressed professionally. She must have been headed out for work. I definitely hadn't seen her here before which meant she was new.

"Good to meet you". I responded and was aware of how poorly I looked. I didn't exactly get the best sleep at night and it was morning, I didn't even have time to get dressed before she appeared knocking on the door.

"Here's a welcome gift from me". She shoved the cake in my face and proceeded to step into my apartment.

My eyes widened at her boldness. Well that was one way to make an entrance. Her eyes scanned my surroundings and she flashed me a huge smile.

"You didn't have to, really".

"Oh but I did. It's only expected of me as I'm new here, and I was also hoping you'd show me around the city too. I am kind of new here".

So there was a meaning behind the cake. I eyed her suspiciously and then glanced at the cake.It was chocolate and that was my favourite after all.

"Sure, let me get dressed and then I will get back to you".

She nodded her head and stood staring at me while I looked at her awkwardly hoping she'd wait outside. I wasn't about to change in front of some random new neighbour, even if she was a girl.

She must have gotten the hint because she headed out.

"I'll just wait out here for you".

I took a shower and proceeded to get dressed wearing a short checkered pink skirt with a white tight top and paired it with a coat.

I remembered how Erebus had opened my hair tie allowing my hair to flow loosely and that itself made me want to rebel against him . I lifted my long auburn hair into a high ponytail and did my makeup.

Nothing, and I repeat nothing would make me feel inferior today, not even certain people who's existence I didn't want to remember.

I headed out to find Avery still standing against the wall as she waited for me. She either really wanted to get to know the city or she had lots of free time and was bored.

"So let's get going then". She followed me suite as we headed down the many stairs of the apartment. I began walking and she stopped by a blue Benz.

"We're not going to walk are we?" She questioned me as she stared in disgust at the floor.

I rolled my eyes. "Well I am, if you want the tour you can tag along".

"But I have my car right here. Come on we're taking my car".

She hadn't allowed me to utter another word as she slipped into her car and left the front door open for me.

This would make it the third time I stepped into a strangers car, but who's counting?

I entered into her polished leathered seats as she began driving through the streets until we reached the Main Street where all the businesses bustled and people moved.

"I'm actually working at XC modelling enterprises". She relayed proudly to me and I sort of felt that this was life's humour of telling me 'Fxck you'.

So he accepted another even way more prettier girl and didn't think twice of it and yet he turned me down as though I had no worth.