#6

Lizzy stands next to me as I stare down at the Headstone, a grin spreads across her pale cheeks. "It was the end of my life but also the start of it." She kneels down and traces the letters of her dead husband's name. Nicholas Knightlend, Beloved husband and father "it broke my heart to take his life." She licked her lips and sighed dreamily, "But the taste made it a bit better." She leaned her hand on the grave next to it, "Now my daughter however was a monster. Taking her was wonderful." 

I blinked in surprise never in all my life had Lizzy ever talked bad about someone, she was the nicest woman I had ever met. She was nicer than my real mom was. "What did she do?" 

Lizzy smiled evilly, "She tried to kill me. Back then everything involved the gods, I lost my soul so i was a no longer 'loved by the gods'. My husband knew it wasn't my fault, my daughter not so much. I was young so I still needed more sleep than the average vamp so when I was sleep, she was standing over me with," She snickered "A wooden stake." 

I kneeled on the ground neck to her a laughed caught in my throat, " She believed that." 

"Oh yeah," she was laughing so had tears of joy would be falling down her cheeks if she could cry. "To think a mortal would have the strength to push a wooden stake though us. But the worst part is that our hearts don't even beat anymore, and we don't need to breath, so I have no idea what she was going for." 

We sobered up and just sat in comfortable silence for a while, No one came around here the cemetery hasn't been used in five centuries ad she was the last person to be buried here, "Why are you telling me this? Why now" 

She sighed, "Because Kira, we're monsters, and a lot of people want to kill us. We understand each other so it's only safe for us to be with others like us, Vampires, satyrs, nymphs. Creatures who understand us and we understand them. if they don't understand us, they'll kill us and if we don't understand them there's no telling what they'll do to us. 

I stood up abruptly, "This is about Calum!? I've asked about your past for years and you only told me so i would stay away from the one person in this world that actually gives a damn about what happens to me, who knows what's going on!" 

She stood up and looked at me like I was insane, "The only one who- then what are me and Hail, What about Taila or Blake. we're your family. That undying knows nothing about you, we're the ones who have been with you for centuries." 

"You don't know what happens to us, you may have been with me for centuries but he's the only one i can tell everything to, He doesn't judge me or make me feel stupid or wrong, Like Hail, Taila or Blake and he sure as hell doesn't try to sway every decision, I make like you do." I glare at her with dormant magic that will never come though glinting in my eyes begging to be released. 

How I wish the turn didn't leave me powerless, no amount of strength or invariability will ever make up for the loss of my magic and nothing Lizzy ever said again could make up for this conversation. I was a princess once people bowed to me now, I'm treated like a peasant among my own coven and made to feel like everything i did was wrong

~𝓣𝓲𝓶𝓮𝓵𝓮𝓼𝓼