The Deal

A loud bang on my door jolted me awake. "Get up! Now!" A harsh, deep voice yelled.

I had some bandages stashed in my room so I jumped out of bed and shoved as many as I could in my pockets. Which were also accompanied by a small pocket knife.

"What's takin ya so long." Barbossa snapped, as he flung open my door, just as I was tying the cloak around my shoulders.

"I'm ready." I faced Barbossa and looked him in the eye.

"Very well." Barbossa turned around and I followed him until we reached the the stern of the Pearl.

"Is that the island?" I asked, trying it keep my voice from trembling.

"Aye, if you can swim to it, you will be free."

"That wasn't part of the agreement!" I exclaimed.

"Pirate." Barbossa reminded me.

I rolled my eyes and glared at him before diving off of the Pearl, into the clear, ocean waves. I was a reasonably good swimmer so it didn't take me long to reach shore. Once i reached the shore, I flipped my wet, (h/l), (h/c) hair over my shoulder and scanned the island for s place to start looking.

I took off my boots and put them inside a big oak tree, then walked into the forest, looking around Jack.

"(Y/n)?" A voice called from above me.

I craned my head up and saw Nick swing down from a tree and landed with a thump in front of me.

"Nick!" I ran towards him and nearly knocked him over as I hugged him.

"What are you doing here?" He asked after I had stepped back from him.

"I-" he trailed off and a flicker of pain passed over his face. I raised an eyebrow and he shoo. "That is not important right now."

I rolled my eyes and he smirked. I started walking forwards and he had to choice but to follow me.

"Why are you here?" Nick asked, his eyebrows arched.

"To find Jack." I answered, picking up my pace and scanning the area with my eyes.

"Sounds like a good plan."

We walked for several minutes before
I found a sign that Jack was on the island. A single drop of blood on the ground that made me want to throw up.

"Nick..." I rasped.

"It's his."

"How can you be sure?"
Nick shook his head, which silenced me. "Jack!" He yelled. "Jack Sparrow!"

A weak moan came out of the bushes to our right. I dashed over to the sound and the pile of leaves moved slightly.

"Jack!" I gasped, brushing the leaves off of him and reveling the unconscious face of Jack Sparrow.

I could feel sense that Nick was getting worried.

A weak grunt came out of his mouth when gently I touched his face with my fingertips. His chest was bare except for a strip of bloody fabric that was tied around his side. He had a deep gash on his forehead and bruises around his chest and one on his cheekbone.

"....(Y/n)...." He cracked open one eye and but didn't make any other effort to move.

"I'm-I'm right h-here." My voice shook with anxiety. I looked up at the canopy of trees above us and a tear slipped down my cheek.

"Do you have bandages?" Nick asked, snapping me back to the present.

"Yes." My hand shook as I dumped the bandages that I had in my pockets out on the ground besides him.