Trust Me, Please...

"If you think you're safe. You're wrong." His voice was soft as he whispered in my ear.

"Who are you?" I asked, trying to make out his features in the dark.

"You know me."

Realization hit me like a smack in the face. Nick.

His hand gripped my upper arm in a viselike grip and he tugged me towards him.

"Let me go!" I yelled, trying to break free, twisting and struggling.

"Never."

I woke with a gasp, sitting up as I pressed a hand to my forehead. I stared into the darkness, trying to get my breathing down to normal. Gradually my heartbeat slowed down and I leaned back against Jack's chest, turning my head so my ear was over his heart.

"What's wrong, love?" His quiet voice startled me and I jumped.

I stayed quiet and buried my face deeper into his chest.

"Nightmare?" He asked quietly while stroking my hair with his hand.

"Yes." I nodded and shuddered.

His arms tightened around my shoulders and I leaned my head against his warm chest.

"Go back to sleep." He murmured in my ear.

"Okay." I muttered against his chest.

I closed my eyes but I didn't fall asleep until his breathing slowed and became rhythmic.

Someone shaking my shoulder the next morning woke me. "Go away." I mumbled, burying my face deeper into Jack's chest to block out the sunlight.

He chuckled and shook my shoulder again. "C'mon love, you have to get up now."

"No I don't." I sat up and looked at him with a raised eyebrow.

"We can't say in the same place for more than a day." Jack pointed out as he stood and stretched.

He reached out a hand, I took it and he pulled me to my feet.

"Now, you have to eat," he pressed the banana into my hand.

"I don't want to." I tried to hand it back to him but he shook his head.

"You promised." He pointed out, raising an eyebrow.

"Yes, I lied to you."

"Nice try love,"

I huffed and started to eat the banana, taking small bites and dragging it on as long as I could.

"(Y/n)," Jack's voice held a anxious tone to it.

"Fine."

He held his hand out to me and I grabbed me and he hauled me to my feet. I was stunned by the way he had effortlessly pulled me to my feet.

We walked out of the cave, shoulder to shoulder. I looked up at him, his jaw was set and he stared straight ahead.

"Jack?" I asked.

"Yes love?"

"Do you have a plan of how we are going to get off this island?"

His eyes clouded with worry for a second then it was gone. "Aye."

"Really?" I asked with a raised eyebrow.

He spun around and looked into my eyes. His brown ones burning into my (e/c) eyes. He was taller than me, so I had I look up at him. We were about six inches apart and my cheeks started to darken.

"Do you not trust me?" He whispered, his breath fanning on my lips.

"I-" I opened my mouth but no words came out.

He said nothing, only searched my eyes then his gaze traveled down to my lips. He was slowly leaning in closer and then his eyes snapped back up to mine.

Jack reached up and cupped my chin with his hand and then brought my lips to his. I wrapped my arms around his neck and he pulled me closer with his other arm.

After a bit he pulled away and rested his forehead against mine. I ducked my head and buried it in his chest, wrapping my arms around his torso.

"We should get moving," Jack's voice vibrated in my ear and I pulled back and looked at him.

I nodded and he took my hand and squeezed it. We started walking and I tripped on a branch, expecting to land on the ground but he caught me.

"Thanks." I muttered, I pulled away and started walking again.

I thought I heard him whisper 'I'm
sorry', but I ignored it, and kept walking ahead of him.

I don't know what was wrong with me, after the kiss, I should be happy, not acting like a jerk.

I felt a hand land on my shoulder, I turned around, only to come face to face with Jack.

His expression was unreadable. My heart constricted and I wrapped my arms around his torso.

"I'm sorry," I mumbled against his chest.

I felt him put his arms around my back, and kiss the top of my head.

"It's okay love,"

"Aw, how sweet," a voice purred.

Jack pulled back, a murderous look on his face. "How many times do we have to go over this?" He spat.

"Listen here Jackie," Nick sighed, and pain flashed across Jack's face but he smoothed his expression out quickly. "I am going to keep coming after you, until I have her."

He nodded in my direction and Jack chuckled darkly.

"I don't think so mate." He put a hand on his pistol and looked down at me, worry breaking through his calm expression.

"I think yes." Nick smirked and stepped closer to us.

Jack stepped in front of me, his shoulders tense.

"Get 'em." Nick nodded to us and about five men came out of nowhere, grabbing me and Jack.

"Jack!" I shrieked, trying to get free from them.

It took three of them to hold him, because he kept struggling and fighting. He threw his body to be side and caught one of the men off guard. One of them swung at him but missed.

I screamed, going limp against my captor.

As soon as he was free from them, two more pounced on him, striking his head with the butt of a pistol and driving him down to the ground.

"Jack!" I screamed, anger giving me energy. I fought to get free from the person who held me, but failed.

"Jack! Let me go!" I howled, straining against them. "Jack!"

Tears were running down my face now, and I could barely see.

"It really is a pity, he was so brave." Nick purred, a dangerous glint in his usually brown eyes