Escape into Bliss

A loud bang in the middle of the night woke me. I bolted upright and swung my legs out of the bed. I rushed over to my window and looked out of it.

I couldn't see anything in the darkness so I grabbed a pair of breeches and a baggy shirt and quickly changed. I pulled on my suede leather boots and crept out my bedroom door. I walked quietly down the stairs and opened the front door, and slipped out of it.

My boots made no sound on the pavement as I ran down the walkway and out into the streets. I leapt forward and landed in a full out run towards the prison. I quietly opened the door and slipped inside it, checking behind me before closing the door.

My eyes landed on a shadowy figure walking towards me.

"Jack!" I cried, bolting forward and onto his arms.

"Hi, love." he murmured against my hair. "Let's go."

Okay."

"Wait! I have to get me effects." Jack grabbed his pistol and hat from the peg then he grabbed my hand. We crept out of the prison, checking before we dashed across the street.

"How did you get out?" I asked, as we walked in the safety of the shadows.

"Broke the door." he muttered.

We broke into a run to the docks. He let go of my hand and started in unhitching a small boat.

Jacks head snapped up and he spun around suddenly and pulled me behind him.

"(Y/n)?" A voice asked, with a tint of hurt.

"I-" I stepped back in front of Jack and looked up at him. "I'm sorry, Chris."

Chris chuckled, but it was dry and harsh. "So you'd rather spend the rest of your life with him, a boat, and the sea?"

I nodded, looked at him, flinching at the hurt in his gaze. "Yes."

"Okay then." he glared at Jack who stood solidly besides me, our fingers intertwined.

"You can tell them or not, but when they get here, we will be long gone." Jack said coldly.

"So this is it then? You're leaving."

"I'm not happy here, I'd rather be with him then here."

Chris flinched and I stepped foreword and hugged him. "I'm not saying I won't miss you." I offered him a small smile which he returned.

"Love, we need to leave, now." I heard the urgency in Jack's voice and reluctantly stepped back from Chris.

"Goodbye, (y/n)." Chris whispered then turned and vanished into the darkness.

Jack got into the boat and held out a hand to me. I took it and stepped into the boat, wobbling a bit.

I sat down on the bench at the stern. Jack directed the boat out of the docks and we faced open sea.

My eyelids dropped and Jack sat down besides me and pulled me against his chest.

"Go to sleep..."

I sighed, and rested my head against his chest. My eyes fluttered shut and I sighed.

A ship.

My captain.

The sea.

Those three things made my life complete.