Chapter 12 (Niki 2)

After a few short minutes Niki finally got a hold of himself. his eyes were puffy and red from crying his heart out. He was slightly worried about he would hide the soreness. In the end,Niki didnt care that much and just went back inside.

The sky had turned grey and the clouds had a glum color in them. Rain was coming. And judging by the flashes in the sky, it was accompanied by lightning too.

Niki lost track of time,lunch had already ended and he was late for his fencing class already.

He sneaked through the hallway after getting back from the fountain. It was empty,no one was there. The hallway was only accompanied by the creaking of the lockers and floorboards.

He tiptoed across the hall trying not to disturb the other classrooms,hoping not to get caught.

"Oy what are you doing?" Someone asked from behind him. Whispering softly behind his ear.

"Agh! Shi-" Niki screamed in terror.He jumped from the fright.

"Wait..Taki?"

"Yes its me,do i look like daniel to you?" Taki replied sarcastically. He was holding juice in his hands from the cafeteria and was sipping some every second.

" Thats not what I meant...Anyways what are you doing here?" Niki muttered softly,trying not to talk too loudly and catch attention.

"Well I'm talking to you aren't I?" Again with Taki's sarcasm. He just seemed to never take anything seriously. Atleast that's what Niki believes.

"Why aren't you in class? You have chemistry right now." Niki acknowledged. Just staring at Taki waiting for some sort of half hearted response that Taki always gives.

"Well you're skipping too, are you not?"

After that sentence escaped Taki's mouth, He gave Niki a rather.. Awkward stare. A menacing one if anyone could say that out loud.

"Unlike you I have.. Important reasons..! That's why I'm here." Niki babbled out, furrowing his eyebrows as a result.

"Like what exactly?" Taki's Stare slowly became Intense, After a few minutes or so. Niki gave in and soon admitted he was skipping as well.

"You dont have to be ashamed of it, I know you were crying." Taki admitted that he was eavesdropping on Niki.

Niki had an upset expression plastered on hi face." You're so nosy sometimes." He told Taki.

"Everyone would know you cried because of well your eyes." He pointed out.Taki was an oblivious person. Not really caring about anything at all. But one thing for sure was that he was a true friend.

"It's ok to like someone..No harm in that you know?" Taki assured Niki to get him to calm down.

Niki looked like he was about to cry again but he just furrowed his eyebrows to try to keep his composure.

"He's not gonna like me back you know..." Niki reasoned. Just plainly telling Taki that there was no hope left for his feelings.No room inside Jungwon's heart.

Taki threw his juice in the trash bin and went to give Niki a small pat in the back. "There, there." He comforted.

" I liked someone too.." Taki put out. He looked at Niki as he was staring at him with utter shock and disbelief.

This sarcastic little thing liked someone? Niki thought to himself. Cant stop teasing his friend even in his thoughts.

They both sat down on the floor beside the lockers and had a small heart- to-heart.Taki explained his situation in the past and all the sadness and distress it had caused him.

"It made me happy and giddy..! And yet at the same time it was painful and made me miserable." Was Taki's exact words. It made Niki shed a tear or two. He pitied him and himself.

They were both just slaves of love. Unable to let go and unable to even hold on. Filled with desperation and sorrow.

"You told me all of this...But i wanna ask." Niki struck a question. He was curious about this mystery guy that Taki liked many years ago.

Taki chuckled. He had a wide smile on his face as Niki asked that question.

"It was you.." Taki replied. Niki's eyes widened at Taki's statement. He was utterly speechless.

"You... were the one I liked."